Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Aruba since 1979

Thumbs up Cooks "wins culinary prze"

I got an email re: COOKS!!
    Congratulations to Ommi and his staff.
    Reminder, Cooks will be closed now til the end of December.
    They are moving downstairs to street level.....but still in the same buiding downtown.
    > Cooks Restaurant won both main prizes at the culinary event in Aruba. Cooks
    > competitors were Old Man and the Sea, Screaming Eagle,
    > Windows on Aruba, Papillon, Aqua Grill, Pago Pago, and more.
    > Cooks won for cleanliness, the most diciplined, and for the main prize for
    > best dishes in all categories. Cooks made a clean sweep with most votes for
    > everything. This was amazing as it is the first time that Cooks has ever
    > competed in any culinary event. As a rookie Cooks certainly impressed all of
    > the judges, especially the celebrity chef out the US who were also judges
    > on the panel.

mac

congrats

way to go ommi. see you in jan

How Wonderful and well deserved!!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. Yes, this is a celebration that we are still celebrating. When I received the news I was at a restaurant in San Antonio, Texas. When Eldrick, our team Captain, was describing me what went on I started jumping inside the restaurant. Everybody was looking at me as if I were going crazy, and yes I was going crazy. I went outside the restaurant while jumping and there I started yelling and jumping of joy. I remember seeing everyone at the restaurant window staring at me.

The winners at the event were third place for Aqua Grill, second place for Milano and 1st place for Cooks Restaurant for Best Cuisine. Cooks Restaurant also took the award for the Most Disciplined at the event. Our team worked in orderly fashion, followed all sanitary procedures, communicated well with eachother, did not lose control.

Other participants were Screaming Eagle, Old Man and the Sea, Holiday Inn, and Westin among others.

You can see the pictures on www.cooksrestaurant.com under Restaurant Pictures.

I would like to give credit to our Chef De Cuisine Ever De Penja, Our Sous Chef and Team Captain Eldrick Franken, our Team Joyce Dijkhoff, Jethsy Poole and David Vijsma for a job well done and perfectly executed. These are our young professionals. You guys ROCK !!!

P.S. Cooks Restaurant will re-open on December 1st, 2010, after we complete the move to the ground level.
    Last edited by Ommi; 10-12-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    when we go to aruba dec 11 - 25 our budget is allowing us to eat out at nice places only a couple of times. COOKS is on that short list.