Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Coolers, cups & cocktails!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, so please move if needed.

I'll be headed to the Tam in September for my honeymoon ... I'm now stocking up on supplies for our trip. I've been reading on here from different people that it's a good idea to bring your own insulated cups & a collapsible cooler. I just bought a small cooler to put bottles of water & some snacks in when we're on the beach (I plan on making a quick stop to the closest grocery store when we get to Aruba just to have some stuff in our room for when the food/drink areas are closed). Anyway, my main question is about the insulated cups. I bought them for us, but was wondering if you're allowed to use them at the different bars/food areas? Like, can I go up & ask for a cocktail & have them put it my cup? Or is that not allowed? I guess I could just put whatever they give me into my cup on my own ... I was just curious about how that worked & how others went about it. A very trivial question, but just something I was curious about.

Another question (that I guess is more "culinary" related) ... I was wondering if some people could give suggestions on the "best" cocktails they serve at the Tam? I've never been to any island or an all-inclusive before, but I know they have lots of delicious fruity mixed drinks and I'd love to know what I should definitely try. I'm not picky & will try anything, so tell me everything! Hahaha - I sound like such a lush ... but I dream of sitting on the beach with my hubby and drinking a fruity drink.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by cupidgirl21483; 07-17-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    cupidgirl
    "you do not sound like a lush"
    i suspect that bartenders are only allowed to place drink in the cups that the bar provides what you do with it after you buy it is up to you.

that being said, when we'd stay at tamarijn we always dumped in our cocktails in our insulated cups......never though at the bar or in eyeshot of the bartender.

some of the most popular cocktails (frozen) are
    pina colada
    strawberry daiquari
    half straw daiquairi/half pina colada
    aruba ariba
    slippery monkey
    frozen mojitos
    frozen margaritas
    and my all time favorite BROWN LADY

try them all.......just not on the same afternoon in the blazing sun

there are many more kinds of frozen drinks.
    all delicious

i
    Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, so please move if needed.

I'll be headed to the Tam in September for my honeymoon ... I'm now stocking up on supplies for our trip. I've been reading on here from different people that it's a good idea to bring your own insulated cups & a collapsible cooler. I just bought a small cooler to put bottles of water & some snacks in when we're on the beach (I plan on making a quick stop to the closest grocery store when we get to Aruba just to have some stuff in our room for when the food/drink areas are closed). Anyway, my main question is about the insulated cups. I bought them for us, but was wondering if you're allowed to use them at the different bars/food areas? Like, can I go up & ask for a cocktail & have them put it my cup? Or is that not allowed? I guess I could just put whatever they give me into my cup on my own ... I was just curious about how that worked & how others went about it. A very trivial question, but just something I was curious about.

Another question (that I guess is more "culinary" related) ... I was wondering if some people could give suggestions on the "best" cocktails they serve at the Tam? I've never been to any island or an all-inclusive before, but I know they have lots of delicious fruity mixed drinks and I'd love to know what I should definitely try. I'm not picky & will try anything, so tell me everything! Hahaha - I sound like such a lush ... but I dream of sitting on the beach with my hubby and drinking a fruity drink.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you Andrea! They all sound delicious!! I cannot wait to have my toes in the sand!!

We stay at the Occidental and just bring our insulated cups right up to the bar. They rinse it out and fill it up. Works better when your cup is twice the size of the plastic cups that they use! ;-)

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    Aruba Ariba is a MUST!! YUM...
    We don't stay at an all-inclusive so hubby and I bring an empty insulated "water" bottle and when we get to Aruba we buy a bottle of rum and mix our own cocktails and freeze the container and its contents overnight. When we head to the beach we have our own slushy cocktail drinks for most of the day. Whatever is left over gets refrozen and added to the next day's batch, we also do one when my underage daughter comes along (without alcohol) just for her. Ok, I'm a lush too...

You may not need to stock up on a lot of snacks. The pizza bar opens at 11 a.m. and does not close until 1 a.m.

Another tip for staying at the Tamarijn, if you like chilled water, is to pack a plastic pitcher. It is lightweight and you can pack things inside of it. Once in your room, you can fill it with tap water which is perfectly fine to drink in Aruba, and chill in your in room refrigerator.

We also use aluminum containers for drinking water on the beach.

Thank you Lisa (& everyone for yummy drink choices ... the pina colada/strawberry daiquiri may be my downfall! Haha!)! We most likely won't be buying a whole lot of snacks, but my future hubby is a night owl & unfortunately we both love to snack late @ night, so some chips & pretzels to hold us over until breakfast is all we'll need.

But knowing that the pizza bar is open until 1am makes me think we may not even need to do that ... I know spending our entire day on the beach will most likely have us in bed earlier than normal which will lead to less snacking. Are you able to take food back to your room? I wasn't sure if there were any weird rules about having to keep food in the food areas. I'm a newbie to all of this - haha!

Thanks for the tip on the pitcher! That's a great idea!

Yes, you can bring food back to your room. The cook will even pack it "to go" for you!

Awesome!! I am so excited!!!