Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister

Thread: Costa Riba -- worth a cab fare from low rise?

Costa Riba -- worth a cab fare from low rise?

We're in count down mode so I've been doing some serious restaurant research. My original plan was to do a tour with stops at Zeerovers and Charlie's Bar. Unfortunately, Bully will be on a well deserved vacation and the person he recommended didn't get back to me, so we'll do that next trip. The new plan was to just take a taxi to the local spot that looked the most interesting. I've seen a number of positive reviews on tripadvisor for Costa Riba, but couldn't find anything posted here. So I'm wondering if anyone has been? I know we should probably just rent a car for a day or two but neither of us is comfortable driving on the island.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 04-21-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We're in count down mode so I've been doing some serious restaurant research. My original plan was to do a tour with stops at Zeerovers and Charlie's Bar. Unfortunately, Bully will be on a well deserved vacation and the person he recommended didn't get back to me, so we'll do that next trip. The new plan was to just take a taxi to the local spot that looked the most interesting. I've seen a number of positive reviews on tripadvisor for Costa Riba, but couldn't find anything posted here. So I'm wondering if anyone has been? I know we should probably just rent a car for a day or two but neither of us is comfortable driving on the island.
    We find driving on Aruba easier than driving in large cities here. Just be patient and dont worry about getting lost. You will always find your way back.

I rent a car every year in Aruba. I love driving in Aruba
    Next Aruba trip in

I'm bumping this thread up just in case someone has tried this place. They get really good reviews on trip advisor and while I had every intention of making it there in May it didn't happen. So, it's back on my to go list. Anyone?

pegmeister....have never been...have been to zeerovers though....man oh man...never thought I would fall in love with deep fried fish, but they do it so well I can't get enough of that place....
    What kind of menu does the other place offer ???
    Also.....try driving, get one of the books at the rental car facility and follow it, it is very reliable when you are first trying to navigate around the island....after a few days its like youve always know where you are going.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

The owner is from Trinidad so they have that influence using a fair amount of curry. The grouper has gotten raves on tripadvisor and the pictures look wonderful

Aruba since 1979
    many folks really do not like driving, add to that driving in a foreign country adds to the dislike.
    thank goodness for the plentiful taxis and the good bus system.
    my husband does NOT drive in aruba. if i did not do the driving, we would be using the taxis and bus religiously.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Also.....try driving, get one of the books at the rental car facility and follow it, it is very reliable when you are first trying to navigate around the island....after a few days its like youve always know where you are going.....

It looks like Costa Riba is in San Nicholas? I don't think a taxi that far would be economical. In my mind no restaurant could be worth that extra cost.

Yes, cab fare is probably around $34 each way. I just look at it as a mini tour of the island!