Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Couple of Questions..

Hi Everyone!! I am leaving for Aruba in two weeks!!
    My boyfriend and I go every year..We usally stick to the same couple of resturants (we normally go for 5day/4nights, he owns his own construction business)...This year we are go for an EXTRA day woohooo!! I can't wait!!
    I was wondering what are some other resturants, we always go to giannis, el gaucho, mj, aqua grill, but we want to try "Aruban" food? Can you reccomend any good Authentic resturants?? Also, I want to try Wacky Wahoo's what is everyone's thought on this?
    Are there any other Spa's around the island or within walking distance of the raddisson?
    What else would you reccomend to do during the day?? Besides the beach and tours of the island?

Thanks in advance!!!

You may want to try salt and pepper.I believe that it is across the street from the Occidental.(great fried grouper.As far as things to do?Try sailing or go with the jolly pirates sunset cruise(AKA booze cruise)

I know you said other then tours.but,if you ride motorcycles you could rent a harley and go around the island or a quad and go by yourself.

There was a small place that had great aruban food....as soon as I remember I'll post that for you.

For the salt and pepper (which I love dearly) - there is major sidewalk construction going on there and they even closed the parking lot because of this work... just so you know in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph853 View Post
    I was wondering what are some other resturants, we always go to giannis, el gaucho, mj, aqua grill, but we want to try "Aruban" food? Can you reccomend any good Authentic resturants?? Also, I want to try Wacky Wahoo's what is everyone's thought on this?
    We love Wacky Wahoo's - great fish! Make sure you make reservations though - it's a very small place and is always busy.

For "Aruban food" our favorite is Nos Cunucu.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 10-25-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Dom
    Although I have not tried it yet, a new restaurant has opened in the downtown area at the end of the street where Carlos and Charlies used to be. It is called Queens, and it serves mainly local cusine at very reasonable prices.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

thanks for all your help..

Amy- do you think I should make my reservations before we get to Aruba??

Aruba since 1979
    my thoughts on wacky wahoo WOW
    great food
    reasonable pricing
    make reservations!
    closed sundays.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Hi Everyone!! I am leaving for Aruba in two weeks!!
    My boyfriend and I go every year..We usally stick to the same couple of resturants (we normally go for 5day/4nights, he owns his own construction business)...This year we are go for an EXTRA day woohooo!! I can't wait!!
    Are there any other Spa's around the island or within walking distance of the raddisson?
    What else would you reccomend to do during the day?? Besides the beach and tours of the island?

Thanks in advance!!!
    The Queens Bar & Restaruant serves authentic Aruban food. It's receiving very good reviews on Trip Advisor. It's located downtown by the cruise terminal on Weststraat (across from Royal Plaza Mall). It is at the end of the street past where Senor Frogs / Carlos 'n Charlies were. Queens Bar & Restaurant - Menu

thanks again for all your help!!

thanks for all your help..

Amy- do you think I should make my reservations before we get to Aruba??
    It depends on how flexible you can be with your dates/times. If you call and the day/time you want is not available but you can pick another day/time then wait until you get there. If your time is limited then make reservations before you leave. Hope that helps a little...

We tend to eat later in Aruba (around 9pm) so we usually don't have a problem making reservations until we get there since we tend to go after the main dinner hours.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast