Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Cuba's Cooking and more

We recently spent a week on the Island and the culinary low point was this place in Oranjestad called Cuba's Cooking. It was heavily advertised, not cheap, and sounded really good from the descriptions of the menu items.

I would suggest avoiding this place. I understand that the restaurant had changed ownership some time ago and Cubans are no longer doing the cooking at "Cuba's Cooking", people from another Caribbean nation are.

My baked chicken dish was burnt and overcooked, my wife's dish also had issues. Half-hearted apologies were offered, but no partial price adjustment to my entree was to be made as I requested. The Guacamole appetizer didn't taste to good, and the portion was tiny for the price. I can give a kudo to the interesting flavored chips and dips that came gratis at the beginning.

I can't say that we encountered any culinary miracles in Aruba, but our meal at Gasperito's warrants credit. The Arubian food was well prepared and interesting. The owner was extremely friendly and accommodating, a true ambassador for Aruba . It was like eating at someone's home on their patio, not in a restaurant. I'd recommend Gasperito's.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Readytogoagain View Post
    We recently spent a week on the Island and the culinary low point was this place in Oranjestad called Cuba's Cooking. It was heavily advertised, not cheap, and sounded really good from the descriptions of the menu items.

I would suggest avoiding this place. I understand that the restaurant had changed ownership some time ago and Cubans are no longer doing the cooking at "Cuba's Cooking", people from another Caribbean nation are.

My baked chicken dish was burnt and overcooked, my wife's dish also had issues. Half-hearted apologies were offered, but no partial price adjustment to my entree was to be made as I requested. The Guacamole appetizer didn't taste to good, and the portion was tiny for the price. I can give a kudo to the interesting flavored chips and dips that came gratis at the beginning.

Post your review on ArubaRestaurants.com...the owners of that site reviews these"reviews' with owners and you will get some kind of response. Bad advertising can hurt any restaurant...

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Post your review on ArubaRestaurants.com...the owners of that site reviews these"reviews' with owners and you will get some kind of response. ..
    Where do the owners of that site state this claim?
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thank you "Ready to go again" for your post on Cuba's Cooking Restaurant. It was on my list of "to do" since I love Cuban food. It is now off my list.
    Next Aruba trip in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Where do the owners of that site state this claim?
    Amy, they don't state that claim, but I will tell you that I have been contacted 3x on one of my posts...if you have read them then you will know which one has made the contact. I am not saying I will have a resolution, but I have been contacted and they want the situation straigthened out...read between the lines...cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Amy, they don't state that claim, but I will tell you that I have been contacted 3x on one of my posts...if you have read them then you will know which one has made the contact. I am not saying I will have a resolution, but I have been contacted and they want the situation straigthened out...read between the lines...cindy
    I would consider yourself to be lucky. I am reading between the lines but in a different way....
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thumbs down No Cuban Food There

I was there last year and the the restaurant was a big dissapointment. I live in Miami and the Cuban is great. The owners of this restaurant (I heard they are Americans who travel frequently to Cuba) have no idea of what good Cuban food is. By the way the Mojito is far overprised with $ 10.00 for a small glass.
    My wife is Cuban and she was there with me. She has never ask me to go back there again (lucky me).