Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: culinary tours

Aruba since 1979

culinary tours

i had a private message tonight from a member who has never posted.

i will post on his stead.

he saw something on tv about specialty vacations and wondered about culinary tours in aruba.
    "Does Aruba offer culinary tours? I know Aruba is known for its beaches, fine restaurants and outdoor activities, but I have never seen mention
    of any kind of a "Culinary Tour."

Comments?
    I have never heard of a particular Culinary Tour, and the Dine Around plan is not what he is speaking of.
    My guess it would be a week of eventful fine dining experiences.

I've heard that Aruba Wine and Dine does a tour of restaurants but don't really know much about it. Maybe this link will help
    https://www.arubawineanddine.com/

We always book a culinary walking tour on our first night in any new city/country we travel to. They are full of great history, food and drinks and are a highlight of all our trips. I would love to see one in Aruba as long as it included history and local foods and the group was kept to a max of 10 people. The ones we've done in the past are usually about 4-5 hours long and include about 4 different restaurants and a bakery/dessert/chocolate shop. We have a couple coming up soon for Bavaria and Prague. They usually run anywhere from $60-$120 per person depending on length (all food and drinks included and more than enough food to call it dinner). Some of our ours have continued on to midnight with the guide and a few others because we're having so much fun sharing info about our countries and tasting the local libations.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 06-01-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    ~Amy~ - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --
    Italy: Nov./Dec. 2018

This, I would think, would be a very popular tour. I would love a tour of more local restaurants with history, like Quinta del Carmen.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I would like to see one downtown so you could have a walking tour of the downtown area/history of the buildings, etc. and not have to keep getting in and out of cars. Plenty of local (and new) restaurants downtown who could participate.

We recently had a great tour of the lighthouse (climbed the steps to the top with a guide.) It was just us and the guide so in addition to the lighthouse tour we started asking questions about all sorts of things and he was a wealth of knowledge. Definitely worth the money!
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 06-01-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    ~Amy~ - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --

If I had gone on my trip with just my husband and I - I would have gone on that Kukoo Kunuku wine and tapas tour. "Wine on down the road".

Quote Originally Posted by Susan&Sunshine View Post
    If I had gone on my trip with just my husband and I - I would have gone on that Kukoo Kunuku wine and tapas tour. "Wine on down the road".
    We considered that tour on this past trip but it just wasn't quite what we were looking for. Close...but not quite. Maybe they'll refine it a bit.

Aruba since 1979
    what do you mean refine?
    is there something you would change or add if you could?
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We considered that tour on this past trip but it just wasn't quite what we were looking for. Close...but not quite. Maybe they'll refine it a bit.

I would rather do a walking tour downtown (with history) than ride from place to place and would like less touristy restaurants that they have on their current list (although I LOVE Screaming Eagle) and some local food mixed in. Also, not really keen on the Kukoo Bus for transportation. LOL!

We mulled it over a few times and decided it wasn't a good use of our dollars and would rather just go to dinner at Screaming Eagle.

Aruba since 1979
    agree about the touristy restaurants.
    the kukoo bus is definitely not my thing either
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I would rather do a walking tour downtown (with history) than ride from place to place and would like less touristy restaurants that they have on their current list (although I LOVE Screaming Eagle) and some local food mixed in. Also, not really keen on the Kukoo Bus for transportation. LOL!

We mulled it over a few times and decided it wasn't a good use of our dollars and would rather just go to dinner at Screaming Eagle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast