Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Chef Kasi

Thread: Daniel's Chop House - Credit Card Compromised

Daniel's Chop House - Credit Card Compromised

We recently returned from our 18th trip to Aruba. On 9/2, we had a lovely meal at Daniel's. Then a few days later, received a call from our bank regarding possible fraud. Daniel's was the only place we used this particular card. Well some charges did show up to the tune of about $2,300. Someone booked a flight, originating in Lagos, Nigeria, and after several legs of the journey, it ended in Houston. What worries me, ad well as the authorities, is where the flight originated from. Nevertheless, it's in the hands of the authorities. If you do go to Daniel's pay cash or insist on swiping the card yourself.

whoa.....strange....I assume though that your credit card company took the charges off of your bill ???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

That's interesting because some people we know ate there last week and just IM on Facebook saying the samething...$2600.00!!
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub

Aruba since 1979
    that is just terrible

what has daniel's chop house said re: this credit card fraud?

thank goodness it was not a debit card!!
    i hope that those affected , now apparently at least 2 people , have an easy time getting the company to void the charges.

I hope someone has notified Daniel's. Love that place and will be there in a month. I had the same thing happen in Bahamas. Good luck!

That is a shame. I would hope that Daniel's was made aware of the situation so that they could address it. This type of situation can be so damaging to a business.

You have to contact also the local Police about that ,usually its a small group of Employees what are working together and the Management have no Clue about it .
    It happend to me 2 times in one year in Miami until i was able to point the Bank/Police in the right direction , they put hidden cameras and got three Eastern European Waiters in a very Populare Steak House in Miami what i visit frequently ,the Owner was very Happy to got those scum back's finally catcht and looked up. They used a kind of small scanning device where they swapped the CC data into ,and in seconds they have all the info they need to copy your CC and sell the collected data on the internet or transfer them to people they work together with mostly in Europe . Mine was compromised two time for several 1000 dollar in Paris and Luxembourg .

Im really sorry to hear that, those A Holes needs to be looked up. I know thee feeling when this is happening to you ,It just sucks and makes you feel miserable .

Kasi

Aruba since 1979
    Sorry K that u have been victimized too

We are thinking about going here tonight. Hmm...I guess we will just have to use all cash.