Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Deposit required for a reservation?

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Jacki, just as an FYI (for me anyway) it was accidentally charged it was their policy to charge $50 per person in case we didn't show up. My issue is the taking of it prior

I guess I misunderstood too. The reservation form you filled out stated the restaurant policy IS to take $50 per person at the time of the reservation or was it accidentally charged?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I thought it was accidentally charged but it wasn't. That is their policy. I thought it was if we didn't show up then $50pp would then be charged. Sorry for the confusion.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

OK, that's fine then - if it is policy and not an accident I think it would be nice to share the restaurant so we all know ahead of time.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I've noticed that Wilhemenia charges a $20 per person deposit for larger parties and Carte Blanche's policy states $100 per person NONREFUNDABLE PREPAYMENT!! Guess it's not outside the norm, but it may be just me, there is no way I would pay that type of deposit 4 months prior to dining. There are just too many variables, like the restaurant could shut down. For Carte Blanche, or similar
    restaurants, I do understand as they have very limited seating and a no show for them would be costly. That said, i find the policy unacceptable and would choose not to dine at any restaurant with that policy.

We never had that happen in Aruba, but it is just usually two of us. It did happen the weekend of my son's college graduation which is a Friday to Monday weekend of different graduation events. We had to give a credit card at certain restaurants to hold the reservation for the 5 of us, but we weren't charged unless we didn't show up. Lots of people in New Haven, and lots with a lot of money coming in for the weekend and limited nice restaurants.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123