Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    baby beach, the amazing rock formations, but pretty much everything else too

Dine around plan

Hello!
    Has anyone tried the "dine around" plan? How does that work? do they serve you what they want vs what you want?
    I'm considering this and would love any feedback.
    thanks in advance!

Arrow

https://www.arubadining.com/dine-around-program/

From their site:

• "The list of member restaurants on this website is always changing so be sure to check for updates.
    • Each dinner at AGA restaurants includes appetizer, entrée, dessert, coffee or tea, and service charge (where applicable).
    • Beverages and surcharges for starred items are not included."

The above is what is included for the restaurants listed presently on the website.

Be aware, you can order one of each: an
    appetizer, entrée, dessert and coffee or tea from the menu, HOWEVER, there are SURCHARGES, or an additional charge for SOME ITEMS.

So to answer your question, YES, you can order what you want, BUT you may have to pay extra depending upon what it is and as long as it in only one, appetizer, one
    entrée and one dessert.

THEN there are the
    VIP restaurants. This is equivalent to a gift certificate only. It is a savings of $2 and only available at select restaurants.

"At VIP restaurants, AGA coupon entitles bearer to a $ 38.00 value deducted from the total dinner check, equivalent to $ 36.00 gift certificate, and not a 3-course meal."

The
    Aruba Gastronomic Association also offers:

"Gift certificates are accepted at both AGA and VIP restaurants. Each $50.00 gift certificate can be purchased for $45.00. Minimum order: 2 gift certificates. Participating restaurants are subject to change."

This would equal a savings of $10 off a $100 worth of dinner, at a participating restaurant. Again, the list is constantly changing.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up Dine Around Program

We have used them on occasion, and find that the $50 gift certificates are the best value. The three course meal deals are often the same price as the specials restaurants offer you in the local newspapers. For example we had a three course meal at the Driftwood including appetizers such as escargot and conch fritters, assorted main courses of fresh seafood and dessert for $24! El Gaucho had a three course special for $24 as well.

There are tons of great restaurants in Aruba, and they are all competing for your business! Our favorite places to use the $50 certificates are at Aqua Grill (love the Sea Bass) and Ventanas del Mar at the Tierra del Sol Country Club.

Enjoy dining around our beloved island,
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Dine Around program (AGA)?

Has anyone used it? Is it worth it? Should we buy 3 meals or 5?

We want to go to Texas de Brazil, Buccaneer, Laguna and Windows on Aruba.

But, we also want to go to Madame Janette and Anna-Maria's.

We are staying in the Radisson - how are Laguna and Gilligan's?

We have 2 kids - 11 and 13. Do these restaurants have kids' menus? What is the dress code? Will my husband & son be OK in a polo shirt, shorts, converse sneakers/slip on shoes? Will my daughter & I be OK in t-shirts and cropped pants with sandals, or sundresses?

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    the AGA works well for many. If you go thru their restaurant listing and do the math you will find out if it works for you. Lots of folks talk about how it is too much food as it includes dessert.
    your 13 yr old may be too old to be eating from a children's menu and i do not even know if gilligans or laguna has a kid's menu.
    maybe arubalisa will post.

all of the restaurants that yyou mentioned is "smart casual".
    women can wear short sets, sun dresses or something that is comfortable....men, golf shirt and khaki shorts.
    WINDOWS on ARUBA is the most formal of your choices.

if your trip is soon and you do not have your reservation for anna maria already in place, you may want to make that reservation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold Family Vacay View Post
    Has anyone used it? Is it worth it? Should we buy 3 meals or 5?

We want to go to Texas de Brazil, Buccaneer, Laguna and Windows on Aruba.

But, we also want to go to Madame Janette and Anna-Maria's.

We are staying in the Radisson - how are Laguna and Gilligan's?

We have 2 kids - 11 and 13. Do these restaurants have kids' menus? What is the dress code? Will my husband & son be OK in a polo shirt, shorts, converse sneakers/slip on shoes? Will my daughter & I be OK in t-shirts and cropped pants with sandals, or sundresses?

Thanks!

Instead of the Dine Around Program, we recently purchased their gift certificates and used them twice at Laguna and once at Amadeus. We felt this gave us a small discount while at the same time the flexibility of ordering what we wanted and not being committed to three courses.

https://www.arubadining.com/dine-around-program/

"Gift certificates are accepted at both AGA and VIP restaurants. Each $50.00 gift certificate can be purchased for $45.00. Minimum order: 2 gift certificates. Participating restaurants are subject to change."

I am not sure about the children's menu at Laguna. As of this week they are running a buffet three nights a week (Prime Rib, Churrasco, & Seafood) the other nights of the week they serve a very nice ala carte menu with a wide variety of items.

Lisa, I bought 3 dine around gift certificates online yesterday, but did not receive an e-mail confirmation, only an automated e-mail. I'm paranoid! How long did it take them to get back to you? We want to use a certificate our first night - will they arrive in time? Thanks!

They were delivered directly to our room at the Radisson. Slipped under the door actually. If in doubt, I would confirm with the AGA by email.

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    I have nothing to add to this thread by way of information, I just wanted to say how amazed I am at the helpful information you can get on this forum even when you didn't know you were looking for any. you gals are great! I never thought of gift certificates.

Aruba since 1979
    those of us that participate and try to steer folks in the right direction are VERY APPRECIATIVE of your kind words graz.

i am ordering GC today and hope they are delivered to my timeshare unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazizgreen View Post
    I have nothing to add to this thread by way of information, I just wanted to say how amazed I am at the helpful information you can get on this forum even when you didn't know you were looking for any. you gals are great! I never thought of gift certificates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast