Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Dining and activity suggestions for a First Timmer

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Aruba for the first time in Sept. I'm looking for some suggestions of places to dine. We are a young couple, so mostly we would enjoy a place with a lively environment, music and dancing, with dinner and drinks. However we do want to try someplace more romantic at least one night. Also we could use some suggestions on some of the reliable yet cost effective businesses to go through for our activities. We are interested in the four wheeling tours and definetly some kind of snorkeling excursion. We would love to hear any other suggestions from you that you think could be useful. Thanx

romantic dinner...flying fishbone
    snorkeling...jolly pirates,lunch ,drinks and 3 snokeling sites, and its at moomba beach bar, fun place for drinks or depalm island ,drinks, food, and great snorkeling, also small but fun waterslides.. just some of my favorites place...

Where will you be staying?
    Car or no car?
    Adventurous or not?
    Have Fun, Pete

We are staying at the divi dutch village and werent planning on renting a car......I'd say we are pretty adventurous. try anything once.
    Last edited by mcgarryk; 05-08-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Cool Here is my 2 cents...

Try Kini Kini for the ATV tour (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM or 2:00 -6:00 PM) - $65 per person and you visit the following sites:

- California Lighthouse
    - Wish Garden
    - Alto Vista Chapel
    - Bushiribana Ruins
    - Natural Bridge
    - Natural Pool
    - Ayo Rock Formations

As for snorkeling - I enjoyed Jolly Pirates - The sunset sail is $27 per person. The tour operates from Monday to Friday 5 - 7 PM (open bar and ropeswing included).

As for a special dinner, I agree with the recommendation above for the Flying Fishbone (make sure you get a reservation so you can see the sunset/your table is on the water).

For drinks/a fun time you may want to try the Kukoo Kunuku bus trip:

Pick-up from the Hotel between 5.00 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.
    Champagne Toast at one a special location
    Dinner at a local Restaurant including one drink
    Three Bar stops, 1st drink is on them, other drinks at special prices
    At midnight the guests are taken back to their Hotel

For first timers on the island for snorkeling, Jolly Pirate or Mi Dushi or both fun snorkeling adventures. The Octopus is an option for a less crowded, quite trip.
    Have Fun, Pete

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    Hi guys,

On our last trip (March of this year) we went for the Sunday Brunch at the Haytt, that was super!! We went 3 times!! We also liked Amazonia ( http://www.amazonia-aruba.com/ ),a Brazilian grill house. The service there was great and the food was super. If you want to eat cheap but still have good food and a nice time you could try Salt & Peper ( http://www.saltandpepperaruba.com/ ).

Our fav beach is Rogers beach it's nice and privat, you'll need a car, it's on the south side of the Island.
    Last edited by Kingpin; 05-10-2008 at 11:39 AM.

There are mostly older couples staying at Dutch Village, although I'd say mostly younger couples and families at Tamarijn next door. Lively dinner, drinks, dancing etc is more up at Palm Beach and unless taking the bus (which stops at 11pm), you'll need a car. I would suggest a car for at least part of the time. Dutch Village isn't really a 'resort', more like a nice grouping of apartment timeshares. You'll need to venture up the beach for some action.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Aruba since 1979
    i always try to advise folks not to overschedule themselves during their first visit.

you may find it is hard to tear yourselves away from the beach for a 4 wheeling/snorkel/horseback ride expedition.

romantic dinner= flying fishbone or madame janette (mj is my favorite) neither place is lively

snorkeling= try the TRANQUILLO or OCTOPUS

fun lively places for dinner downtown where you will not miss any of the sights is IGUANA JOES and PADDOCK

a nice place for drinks after dinner is SOPRANOS piano bar

i do not know of a place that has dinner AND dancing. (sen~or frogs?)

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by mcgarryk View Post
    Hi All,

My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Aruba for the first time in Sept. I'm looking for some suggestions of places to dine. We are a young couple, so mostly we would enjoy a place with a lively environment, music and dancing, with dinner and drinks. However we do want to try someplace more romantic at least one night. Also we could use some suggestions on some of the reliable yet cost effective businesses to go through for our activities. We are interested in the four wheeling tours and definetly some kind of snorkeling excursion. We would love to hear any other suggestions from you that you think could be useful. Thanx

First time to Aruba and have a rental car and are adventurous.... do as suggested above. Load up a Sunday Brunch at Hyatt, and on a weekday, meet me at Charlie's Bar in San Nicolaas and let the festivities begin! (make sure you're thirsty)
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/