Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dining advise for the 1st time visitor

Staying at the Divi (all inclusive) but still want to check out some other restaurants. The only reservation I have made is at Madame Jannette. Thought Rumba Wine Bar may be good stop while downtown shopping. Also wondering about Papiamento; Gasparito and Wacky Wahoos as well as any opinions on the restaurant at the Divi. Remember, I'm a newcomer and have not had a real vacation in 20+ years. Anyone to help me out?

Aruba since 1979
    Madam janette is awesome
    my experience with papiememto and gasparito are very old so i will not comment
    wacky wahoo is terrific.

the red parrot and the paparazzi at divi AI and Tamarijn are very good.

welcome to the forum

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Staying at the Divi (all inclusive) but still want to check out some other restaurants. The only reservation I have made is at Madame Jannette. Thought Rumba Wine Bar may be good stop while downtown shopping. Also wondering about Papiamento; Gasparito and Wacky Wahoos as well as any opinions on the restaurant at the Divi. Remember, I'm a newcomer and have not had a real vacation in 20+ years. Anyone to help me out?

Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-25-2010 at 10:28 AM.

El Gaucho!!! Great steaks.
    We are doing AI most likely also next trip, but we may still go and get steaks at El Gaucho!

Passions is good too, but since you are doing MJ, you can wait for next time to do Passions!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Windows on Aruba at the Divi Links, classy, great views enclosed & ac'd to get out of the wind 1 night, by staying AI $30pp off main menu, highly discounted!

I love Papiamentos. Food is good not great in my opinion but the atmosphere is fantastic. It is a bit pricey though even for Aruba.

If your not looking for a "fancy" type place I love Bingo. Great food, great service, and the prices are good also.

Red Parrot is the only restaurant at the divi/tam that I thought was any good. Other than the pizza bar of course.

I can't say enough good things about wacky wahoos. The only thing lacking in the past had been the service, but when I was there a couple weeks ago everything was running like a top. I don't know if they hired someone to run the front of the house or just got their issues worked out but it is excellent now. Be careful if you order the ceviche, it's a huge bowl.

Along with the Red Parrot at the Divi ,the Paparazzi at the Tam is very good, and has cold ac, take a wrap. Best bang for buck off site is still Windows on Aruba, and a golf cart ride away.

I must have hit paparazzi on a bad day, the food was terrible when I was there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast