Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I must have hit paparazzi on a bad day, the food was terrible when I was there.
    For sure it is Aruban Italian and not traditional Italian that most of us here in the states are accustomed to.

Some of our favorites at Paparazzi--

APPETIZERS
    Bruschetta
    Country Bread brushed with olive oil, garlic and oregano finished with Mozzarella, tomato, cilantro and onions

Prosciutto E Sopressata
    Thinly sliced prosciutto ham served with cream cheese and olive spread and garlic crostinni

Carpaccio Di Pesce
    Mahi mahi Carpaccio rubbed with herbs and peppers, Mediterranean dressing and balsamic and Parmesan

Not to be missed at either Paparazzi or the Red Parrot
    Caesar
    Romaine lettuce with anchovies dressing, Parmesan and garlic crostinni

Frutti Di Mare
    Spaghetti with shrimp, mussels and squid in a creamy crustacean sauce

The ONLY entree I ever order here imo delicious
    Rinforzare E Salsa Delia Senape
    Grilled beef tenderloin with cheese ravioli and grain mustard butter sauce

We eat most of our dinners at the Red Parrot, when it is available. Dh is not keen on sitting over the hot grill tables at the Palm Grill. Ginger is average. So Paparazzi is a nice switch from every night at the Red Parrot.

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse
    We just returned from a wonderful week in Aruba. We were all inclusive at the Holiday Inn where the food is just okay. We did go out to dinner at a few places while we were there. The Screaming Eagle is not far from the Divi resort I thought the food was overpriced and atmosphere was lacking. They do have beds that you can eat dinner and dessert in.. if thats what you prefer. It was just not my thing. We went to Texas De Brazil one evening, it is a brazillian steak house. I really enjoyed it, excellent food and fabulous fresh salad bar. There are a lot of discount coupons available, you can join their website to get them or find them in flyers when you arrive in Aruba. We also went out on the Red Sail dinner cruise they have two different menus one on Wednesday that is created by Marriot chefs and Thursdays from the Hyatts chef. The food was very good we went on Wednesday evening and the menu was caribbean. My favorite restaurant was recommended by a local. It is called Pinchos. It is located going away from downtown towards the airport. It is out on a pier. The food was excellent and reasonably priced and the atmosphere was great!! I hope you enjoy your trip!! Once you go to Aruba you will quickly be addicted to the place and the lovely people that live there!! I cant wait for our next trip!!

Aruba since 1979
    your remarks of the holiday inn food is the most common thing we hear when hearing HI all inclusive reviews. :-(

HI obviously does not seem to mind the mediocre reviews.....wouldn't they change it if they could? I would think so.

Screaming Eagle is not my "cup of tea" either. $$$$$ and what's with eating in bed?? if i want to eat in bed, i stay home, throw on my sweats and eat pizza or oreos. :-)

When we stay at the Tamarijn, we always make a point to have steak at El Gaucho's downtown (IMO the best in the world) and seafood out one night (Wacky Wahoo's is excellent) or The Buccanneer (good seafood at reasonable prices and the kids love the fish tanks).

We found the food at the Divi/Tam to be good but not great. Kids liked eating at the restaurant where you cook your own food at the table - better to go later at night when it is a bit cooler as the tables get hot. We also found the food and snacks at the pool bar to be very good, although the waiting times were sometimes very long. Buffet breakfast was better at the Divi than the Tam and buffet lunch was acceptable at either.

Kids enjoyed the entertainment nightly at both resorts. Have fun!

Dave and Jodie

Thanks for all the suggestions. I especially appreciate the opinions on the resturants at the Divi. Checked out the site for Bingo and have added it to my list. Leaving in the morning, and just can't wait. I'll post when I get back.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pegmeister View Post
    thanks for all the suggestions. I especially appreciate the opinions on the resturants at the divi. Checked out the site for bingo and have added it to my list. Leaving in the morning, and just can't wait. I'll post when i get back.
    have a great time!

Enjoy! Safe Landings

Try Pan Pan. Dutch Aruban coart yard dinning . We eat there every couple of mounths mostly fish, good portions, service is usualy excel. prices are very reasonable

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Try Pan Pan. Dutch Aruban coart yard dinning . We eat there every couple of mounths mostly fish, good portions, service is usualy excel. prices are very reasonable
    I think you mean Pam Pam http://perledoraruba.com/pampam.php

Yes I did, took my contacts out . oops!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast