Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By taxidriver
  • 1 Post By cindyo

Thread: Dining Ideas for Parent's 25th Anniv. trip

Dining Ideas for Parent's 25th Anniv. trip

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. My wife and I had our honeymoon in Aruba 4 years ago, we loved it so much we purchased a timeshare resale at lacabanna for a great price. It was one of my favorite vacations and we had an amazing time. We both love beaches and site seeing, so we didn't spend too much time off of the resort-plus the whole honeymoon thing . We are heading back this week (checking in on the 9th) but we also booked my parents for 10 days for their 25th anniversary at the same resort (different room). I am trying to book a few activities for my parents, but being that I was only 22 my last time in Aruba and didn't leave the resort much I'm not sure what the best activities for the 50ish crowd is.

My parents didn't really have much when they got married and they never really had a honeymoon, and this is the first non-family vacation that I remember them ever taking so I want to make it as special as I can for them.

When my wife and I went we really enjoyed Smokin Joe's, but other than that nothing really sticks out in memory. We tried one expensive/fancy restaurant and I remember being slightly disappointed. I figured for the 10 days if they went to 6 or 7 average priced but really good places, and for 2 or 3 nights we would try to send them to a more special place.

We don't have a great deal of extra money, but I'd like to at least set them up with 1 or 2 really nice meals. We don't need 5 star dining, but a good nice place, maybe with a great view. I've read through the forums and I have an idea of what I would like, but I'm pretty sure at 26 my taste may be slightly different than a couple on a second honeymoon after 25 years. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Edit: My dad loves BBQ and my mom loves seafood. They both love eating at places with character and great views. They mentioned to me they would really love to have at least one meal on the beach. They would rather not eat at American chains or get Italian food since that is pretty much everywhere here in NY.
    Last edited by Jedi; 08-05-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    Dinner by Torchlight ob the beach at the Radisson at sunset is just beautiful and the food is great. If you go to the Rdissob website you can get all the details there. You can make reservations online. We did this after our renewal of vows last year. Very romantic and they will love it. They only set up tables for the number of people that are there and one year we were the only ones having dinner that night. Service is wonderful.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

i recommend that you read this thread
    If you had to pick three...

if they are interested in beachside dining, Passions on Eagle Beach is right next door to Lacabana. Another marvelous spot is Barefoot restaurant right there on the water....down near the rotary just north of the airport.

you got lots of reading to do.

Matthews at Casa Del Mar outdoor dining has excellent BBQ.

I have got a few "regular favorites"
    Hung Paradis, Amadeus, Madam Janette
    ............so many great restaurants!

have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. My wife and I had our honeymoon in Aruba 4 years ago, we loved it so much we purchased a timeshare resale at lacabanna for a great price. It was one of my favorite vacations and we had an amazing time. We both love beaches and site seeing, so we didn't spend too much time off of the resort-plus the whole honeymoon thing . We are heading back this week (checking in on the 9th) but we also booked my parents for 10 days for their 25th anniversary at the same resort (different room). I am trying to book a few activities for my parents, but being that I was only 22 my last time in Aruba and didn't leave the resort much I'm not sure what the best activities for the 50ish crowd is.

My parents didn't really have much when they got married and they never really had a honeymoon, and this is the first non-family vacation that I remember them ever taking so I want to make it as special as I can for them.

When my wife and I went we really enjoyed Smokin Joe's, but other than that nothing really sticks out in memory. We tried one expensive/fancy restaurant and I remember being slightly disappointed. I figured for the 10 days if they went to 6 or 7 average priced but really good places, and for 2 or 3 nights we would try to send them to a more special place.

We don't have a great deal of extra money, but I'd like to at least set them up with 1 or 2 really nice meals. We don't need 5 star dining, but a good nice place, maybe with a great view. I've read through the forums and I have an idea of what I would like, but I'm pretty sure at 26 my taste may be slightly different than a couple on a second honeymoon after 25 years. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Edit: My dad loves BBQ and my mom loves seafood. They both love eating at places with character and great views. They mentioned to me they would really love to have at least one meal on the beach. They would rather not eat at American chains or get Italian food since that is pretty much everywhere here in NY.

Thumbs up

The one SPECIAL restaurant with amazing ambiance and ocean views, along with great food is BAREFOOT. Send them here and they will be thrilled. Can dine on beach or outside but under a covered roof facing the beach with sand at your feet with planes landing in front of you. Awesome! Wacky Wahoo for the freshest seafood on the island, and not expensive.

Schurssy

When we are on the island for our anniversary we always celebrate with dinner at Passions on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/passions.html. It is a toes in the sand, torchlight experience with a wide variety of delicious food as well as live music. Many enjoy an earlier dinner including the sunset. We like to stay on the beach until just about that time, but still enjoy a romantic dinner at Passions after dark.

Our other favorites include Barefoot http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/barefoot.html and Windows on Aruba http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wind...n%20aruba.html.

For seafood, if your parents have a rental car, I highly recommend Marina Pirata http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/marina%20pirata.html in Savaneta. Not only do they serve local fresh seafood at a reasonable price, but they have a great location on a pier out over the water.

Beach Restaurants

Seafood Restaurants

Romantic Restaurants

Wow, I did not expect such a great response so quickly. I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks now. I have a lot of reading to do. I wish I would have known about this forum before my honeymoon.

I have a lot of reading to do now! Thank you so much

BareFoot .... Arubalisa I like your license plate.

Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    BareFoot .... Arubalisa I like your license plate.
    I love both!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    So glad you got a plate!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I love both!