Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann View Post
    We just got back from Aruba. We ate one evening at the Sunset Bistro at the Phoenix Divi. The service was TERRIBLE and the food was no better than average. It was not worth the money. Try some place else...
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    ate 2x @sunset bistro....stunk...only thing worth doing there is drink, sit in adirondacks and drink
    I am very happy that we went to Passions last month for our anniversary instead. Like Crazy, we really enjoyed the excellent service and terrific food.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    ate 2x @sunset bistro....stunk...only thing worth doing there is drink, sit in adirondacks and drink

sigh

back to the drawing board for me

why did you go there two times?

serene, there were some positive comments in the thread at Dinner on the Beach

FWIW, from my almost completed trip report:

"Friday night for our annivesary, a friend as well as my parents, had recommended Passions on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort.

When we arrived we were immediately greeted by Diana the hostess/maître d' and everything from the food to the service, it was nothing less than perfect and a wonderful evening. Our table was closest to the water with torches and a lantern on the table. I can imagine how nice it would be at sunset, however since we can view that from the comfort of our pation, and like to eat later, dining under the stars with the Aruban tradewinds are just delightful in my book!

Dd had Caesar Salad with shrimp and a seafood sampler platter with Caribbean lobster tail, shrimp, grouper and mahi mahi. I had a filet mignon and dh had grilled grouper and shrimp with a creamy spicy sauce. For an appetizer he had goat cheese with prosciutto, arugula and honey dressing, I had a crab salad. Everything was delicious! If anyone has that recipe for the crab salad you just pass it on to me

Dessert was amazing ...a sampler with full size portions of cheese cake, tiramisu, raspberry mousse, key lime pie and chocolate cake. We practically rolled back to the Tamarijn."

Joe is not a seafood person but he loves to eat. Will he be happy with Passions?

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    Joe is not a seafood person but he loves to eat. Will he be happy with Passions?
    http://www.passions-restaurant-aruba.com/menu.php
    Black Angus USDA choice Filet Mignon
    from the Grill with Garlic Butter $28.95

Grilled Strip Loin Steak
    with a Spread of Roasted Bell Peppers and Pepper Sauce $25.95
    All main courses are served with a side salad, baked potato or rice

Click on thumbnails to enlarge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345