Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Dinner reservations

Dinner reservations

We will be visiting Aruba for the first time on June 25 through July 6. We will have our 11 and 12 year olds with us. We have made dinner reservations at:

- Simply Fish
    - Passions on the Beach
    - Blue Lobster
    - La Vista
    - Aqua Grill
    - West Deck

Too many good restaurants to chose from. Other places we want to try include Scott's and Linda's Pancakes.

We will be winging it for breakfast and lunch. We are staying at the Marriott Surf Club for part of the trip and will have access to a full kitchen. We will be using the kitchen for breakfast and lunch when possible.

Sounds great. Can I come too?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by Lbailey View Post
    We will be visiting Aruba for the first time on June 25 through July 6. We will have our 11 and 12 year olds with us. We have made dinner reservations at:

- Simply Fish
    - Passions on the Beach
    - Blue Lobster
    - La Vista
    - Aqua Grill
    - West Deck

Too many good restaurants to chose from. Other places we want to try include Scott's and Linda's Pancakes.

We will be winging it for breakfast and lunch. We are staying at the Marriott Surf Club for part of the trip and will have access to a full kitchen. We will be using the kitchen for breakfast and lunch when possible.

Great choices for a newbie. The MSC is also where we stay so enjoy your vacation!!!

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great list!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Hi LBailey... We are staying at the Surf Club June 12 to 27. We have 2 girls ages 11 and 12 as well! This will be our 25th trip to Aruba. Hope to see you for at least a day and a half.

In regards to your dinner reservations, let me help you a bit. First... You have reservations at passions and simply fish. I would recommend canceling one of those. They are very similar. I'd probably choose Passions. It's a better setting than Simply Fish. I love Palm Beach but for a nice dinner I would choose Eagle Beach. Passions is our yearly Christmas card setting. Food is good not great. Setting is spectacular.

i have not heard good things about Blue Lobster. I would cancel that and make reservations for Madame Janette. It's truly one of the best restaurants in the Caribbean. Make sure you order the almond crusted grouper. Amazing.

La Vista... Great for breakfast buffet. Not worth it for dinner. Cancel it. I would do casual and go to Casa Tua for the best pizza on the planet with delicious sangria. Venture out a bit. Kids will love it and so will you!

Id also suggest Ventanas del Mar for dinner. Located at the famous golf course, Tierra del sol, it is another favorite of the family. Enjoy great food and spectacular sunsets. I get the sesame seared tuna. Outdoor setting with golf course and the Caribbean at the backdrop.

Hope this helps you! I think a few of those choices would disappoint a great vacation.

The nice thing about Casa Tua is if you go to the one at Arawak Garden it's connected to a bunch of other restaurants (Fishes & More, Tango, Salt & Pepper) and the menus are all out front so you can browse first. Plus, they have outdoor seating with a few little hut-like shops that sell all types of souvenirs and live entertainment (singing) in the evening on a stage centrally located out in front of the restaurants. My kids, 14 and 9, love it there. Another good casual restaurant that my kids love is Smokey Joe's and Pizza Bob's, great food. And we love them too! Have a great time!!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.... We are now looking at menus, ect and considering changing some of the reservations. Too many choices. A return trip will need to be scheduled.

We arrive at the Surf Club this Thursday (May 29). I would add Wacky Wahoo to your dinner list. It's not fancy but has the best fish on the island and is close to the SC. If you want a nice beach dinner try Barefoot.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbailey View Post

- Simply Fish
    - Passions on the Beach
    - Blue Lobster
    - La Vista
    - Aqua Grill
    - West Deck

YOU HAVE TO GO TO MADAME JANETTE. Ask for a table near the entertainment stage.
    I wouldn't do both Simply Fish and Passion. I'm not a fan of the food at Passions. I went a few times only because friends wanted to go. They agreed that the food wasn't the best. It does have a very romantic atmosphere though. I would go to either Simply Fish or Barefoot for dining on the beach. Barefoot also has inside seating under a big palapa.
    La Vista - The breakfast buffet is amazing, but expensive @ $25 for adults; 1/2 price for kids. I go once or twice every trip. Wednesday and Saturday is Lobster night. Again expensive about @ $54.95 a person.
    Blue Lobster - except for 1 friend that enjoyed the food there, most reviews give it a thumbs down.
    Matthew's Beachside at Casa Del Mar has good food and a nice atmosphere. Tuesday is all-you-can-eat rib night.
    Casa Tua, Salt & Pepper, Fishes 'n More at Arawak Gardens are good choices.
    Wacky Wahoo is must go to if you are fish eaters.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 05-23-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast