Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dinner Selections - are we good?

Dinner Selections - are we good?

Since I'm such a planner, the hubs and I have been looking at restaurants around Aruba that we want to visit while we are there. Any advice on our selections below would be appreciated:

Mon - Pizza Bob's - arrival day at Bucuti and close to the resort
    Tue - Passion's
    Wed - Pure Beach - hubs wants kobe beef burger
    Thur - Giorgio's - renewal of vows this day, and we thought we'd be tired after prep and pictures and wanted to stay near our resort
    Fri - Screaming Eagle - romantic dinner in bed to celebrate our 10-year anniversary
    Sat - Sunset Beach - BBQ dinner looks really tasty
    Sun - Marandi
    Mon - Madame Janette
    Tue - Matthew's
    Wed - Cooks Restaurant
    Thur - Aqua Grill
    Fri - Smokey Joe's or repeat a restaurant we enjoyed since this is our last night on the island

Aruba since 1979
    you are good (i think hahahaha)

check out this link below
    Have we made good choices??

it is so hard/difficult to be on the same wavelength as everyone.
    we are all unique.
    we all have our own dislikes and likes.
    what is nice and upscale to my husband and me might be unacceptable to those that are high end diners.

the seafood that i like, may not be the kind of seafood that you like.

look at it like shopping.
    do you expect folks that shop at nieman marcus to understand or accept folks that shop at target or god forbid.....walmart?
    so the answers that you may get re: your choices are probably not very objective.

aruba has tons of wonderful restaurants.
    some of our favorites are on your list.

where is giorgios?
    your list looks deeeelicious to me..

remember though, you could get someone to respond here saying you have too many seafood places or you have too many waterfront/beach locations or too many rib places.

do what YOU and hubby want.
    it is your trip.

but enjoy.......heck, even a PB and Jelly sandwich tastes special on aruba.

i do look forward to reading the replies.

QUOTE=amydawn99;220134]Since I'm such a planner, the hubs and I have been looking at restaurants around Aruba that we want to visit while we are there. Any advice on our selections below would be appreciated:

Mon - Pizza Bob's - arrival day at Bucuti and close to the resort
    Tue - Passion's
    Wed - Pure Beach - hubs wants kobe beef burger
    Thur - Giorgio's - renewal of vows this day, and we thought we'd be tired after prep and pictures and wanted to stay near our resort
    Fri - Screaming Eagle - romantic dinner in bed to celebrate our 10-year anniversary
    Sat - Sunset Beach - BBQ dinner looks really tasty
    Sun - Marandi
    Mon - Madame Janette
    Tue - Matthew's
    Wed - Cooks Restaurant
    Thur - Aqua Grill
    Fri - Smokey Joe's or repeat a restaurant we enjoyed since this is our last night on the island[/QUOTE]

Giorgio's is the Italian restaurant at Manchebo which is next to our resort. We love Italian food, so we thought it would be a good stop since we may tired from all the excitement of the vow renewal.

We love seafood, too! We actually sat and looked at online menus and photos for hours last night trying to decide. I know many places need reservations, so I wanted to get those squared away and the build on the rest of the time.

We aren't near many beaches here in WV, so we can never have too many beachfront locations.
    Last edited by amydawn99; 02-28-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Arrow Since you asked...

Posts to read in regards to your choices

what happened to marandi

My Valentine's Trip Report
    info on Aqua Grill

Are you looking at Aqua Grill specifically for shell fish or just seafood in general? If seafood there is a lot of good info at http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/rest...20seafood.html

Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-28-2012 at 09:54 AM.

My husband really likes swordfish, and Aqua Grill was the only menu we saw with any swordfish on it. Do you know of any other restaurants that serve it?

Aruba since 1979
    here is buccaneer's website
    http://www.buccaneeraruba.com/Menu.html
    they have swordfish

has your husband ever had mahi mahi (aka dolphin.....not dolphin like flipper but dolphin fish)
    mahi has denseness like swordfish and are very mild......very mild!!
    mahi is served lots of places on aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by amydawn99 View Post
    My husband really likes swordfish, and Aqua Grill was the only menu we saw with any swordfish on it. Do you know of any other restaurants that serve it?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-28-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amydawn99 View Post
    Giorgio's is the Italian restaurant at Manchebo which is next to our resort. We love Italian food, so we thought it would be a good stop since we may tired from all the excitement of the vow renewal.
    There is another Italian restaurant right next door to Pizza Bob's called Eliotti's. We've been there a couple of times and, considering you're in the Caribbean, it's pretty decent. We've never been to the one at Manchebo though so can't compare the two - just wanted to let you know that you have a couple of Italian places that are walkable.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Giorgio's is very good. We've eaten there when we have stayed at Manchebo. This year we tried Ellioti's, which is located next to Pizza Bob's, but were not impressed. We'll be going back to Giorgio's. I just got home yesterday and I will be posting my restaurant review soon. Our favorite new restaurant on this trip was Barefoot. Love, love, love it!!

I am always up to a challenge so here you go ...

http://www.buccaneeraruba.com/Menu.html

http://www.arubamarriottresort.com/a...ishMenu-08.pdf on the beach toes in the sand

Aruba since 1979
    is giorgios the outdoor restaurant at manchebo.....right outside of the french steak house area?
    we have eaten there, a couple of years ago, but it had a different name.

we liked the place!

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Giorgio's is very good. We've eaten there when we have stayed at Manchebo. This year we tried Ellioti's, which is located next to Pizza Bob's, but were not impressed. We'll be going back to Giorgio's. I just got home yesterday and I will be posting my restaurant review soon. Our favorite new restaurant on this trip was Barefoot. Love, love, love it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast