Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Dinner under the stars...Renaissance Island

Aruba since 1979

Dinner under the stars...Renaissance Island

I'm sure a lot of people might like this, but it's not for us. We've been on the island at dusk and were eaten alive by skeeters and no-see-ums. I wouldn't want the scent of deet/off mixing with my meal.

Aruba since 1979
    good point!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people might like this, but it's not for us. We've been on the island at dusk and were eaten alive by skeeters and no-see-ums. I wouldn't want the scent of deet/off mixing with my meal.

We were on the island at sunset/dusk/night for a wedding one year. Wedding was great as the sun was going down in the background but the time between the ceremony and the dinner/dance was miserable. We had layers and layers of repellent on but it didn't seem to matter. Everyone was attacked by mosquitoes for about 20-30 minutes until the sun was down and it was dark. Everything else about the wedding was fabulous (setting, food, music, etc.) But those 30 minutes were pure hell. LOL! As our friend (bride's father) said to us...."THIS was not in the brochure!" LOL!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

May be a nice way to check out the island for those who have never been.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ