Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member SanNic44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Savaneta
    Posts
    1,162
    Good food at reasonable prices can be had in Aruba. The only caveat being that you have to drive, which does increase the total cost if you add in a rental car. The further you drift away from the hotel area the more reasonable the prices. Of course, it can be a little adventurous at times and Spanish/Papiamento skills are helpful.

    44
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Good food at reasonable prices can be had in Aruba. The only caveat being that you have to drive, which does increase the total cost if you add in a rental car. The further you drift away from the hotel area the more reasonable the prices. Of course, it can be a little adventurous at times and Spanish/Papiamento skills are helpful.

    44
    We will definitely have a car.... and don't mind driving... plan to go to baby beach some...

    Pam Pam we will go to if we can find it....

    Where is B55 and what type of food do they serve? There website doesn't have a menu...

    As for Casa Vieja & Pueblito Paisa... what type of food is served there and where might I find them?

    If we only speak English will we be able to order and communicate at those places?

  3. #13
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Lindas dutch pancakes restaurant

    paul and i have eaten there many times.
    we love their beef and chicken sate', comes with salad and rice.
    very inexpensive, under $10pp

    we usually eat dinner there on our first or last night on island.
    it has become a tradition.

    steel....king ribs is no longer open :-(

    andrea
    The pizza isn't bad there either. We hit them up for lunch at least once on the last trip with my wife.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by STEEL View Post
    We will definitely have a car.... and don't mind driving... plan to go to baby beach some...

    Pam Pam we will go to if we can find it....

    Where is B55 and what type of food do they serve? There website doesn't have a menu...

    As for Casa Vieja & Pueblito Paisa... what type of food is served there and where might I find them?

    If we only speak English will we be able to order and communicate at those places?
    Pam Pam: Turn inland at the trafflic light at Adventure Golf. Pass Chef's Tabes (on left) - the big Tooth is across from Chef's Tables. Keep going to the sign (on right corner) for Perle d'or Apts. Make right. Perle d' or Apts. (where Pam Pam is) is down aways on the left. http://perledoraruba.com/pampam_en.php

    B55 - Pass the airport towards San Nicolas. At the traffic light by the Balashi plant, make left. Pass drive-in movie theatre. B55 is on right. You can see B55 menu if you click on the link in my signautre. B55 is listed under Oranjestad restaurants. The menu is in Aruban Florins.

    Personally, I find the food much better at B55 than Pam Pam.

  5. #15
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    The pizza isn't bad there either. We hit them up for lunch at least once on the last trip with my wife.
    We love the pizza with Gouda cheese at Linda's. Usually go there for dinner or take out at least once per trip for a cheap meal with a bottle of wine on our balcony.

    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  6. #16
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,947
    yes liz
    the last time in AUA we had dinner at B55 and PamPam
    and we thought the Pam Pam meal was Ok.....nothing special. not horrible just ok

    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Pam Pam: Turn inland at the trafflic light at Adventure Golf. Pass Chef's Tabes (on left) - the big Tooth is across from Chef's Tables. Keep going to the sign (on right corner) for Perle d'or Apts. Make right. Perle d' or Apts. (where Pam Pam is) is down aways on the left. http://perledoraruba.com/pampam_en.php

    B55 - Pass the airport towards San Nicolas. At the traffic light by the Balashi plant, make left. Pass drive-in movie theatre. B55 is on right. You can see B55 menu if you click on the link in my signautre. B55 is listed under Oranjestad restaurants. The menu is in Aruban Florins.

    Personally, I find the food much better at B55 than Pam Pam.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes liz
    the last time in AUA we had dinner at B55 and PamPam
    and we thought the Pam Pam meal was Ok.....nothing special. not horrible just ok

    andrea
    That's what my sister said after she had dinner there with you and Paul. She does want to go back and order something different as she really liked the place. Did Kathy go to B55 with you? She went to Peanuts and said it was the worse meal she ever had.

  8. #18
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,947
    yes she was
    pam pam and b55

    we thought pam pam was OK we thought B55 was great

    our 1st time at pam pam was SPECTACULAR
    2nd time ditto
    3rd and 4 th mediocre

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    That's what my sister said after she had dinner there with you and Paul. She does want to go back and order something different as she really liked the place. Did Kathy go to B55 with you? She went to Peanuts and said it was the worse meal she ever had.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Pam Pam: Turn inland at the trafflic light at Adventure Golf. Pass Chef's Tabes (on left) - the big Tooth is across from Chef's Tables. Keep going to the sign (on right corner) for Perle d'or Apts. Make right. Perle d' or Apts. (where Pam Pam is) is down aways on the left. http://perledoraruba.com/pampam_en.php

    B55 - Pass the airport towards San Nicolas. At the traffic light by the Balashi plant, make left. Pass drive-in movie theatre. B55 is on right. You can see B55 menu if you click on the link in my signautre. B55 is listed under Oranjestad restaurants. The menu is in Aruban Florins.

    Personally, I find the food much better at B55 than Pam Pam.
    Liz,

    Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the www.dinearuba.com link.... it is incredible. Love the fact that the menu's are on there....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO