Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Does El Gaucho still make you wait in their lounge

lounge across the street? We have not been to their restaurant since our first Aruba visit in 2002 but they made us go to their smokey lounge across the street to wait, I was so annoyed b/c we had reservations and it was clearly a ploy to get us to drink more and they could have seated us earlier. My husband was curious if they still do this.

Last couple of times we've been there (Dec. and Sept.), we were seated right away. Might depend on how busy they are. If they ask us to wait (as they have in the past) we just stay at El Gaucho's bar and have a glass of wine while we wait.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    We have had to do that just once, about a year and half ago. Luckily it was a short wait but yes, it does seem a tad big sneaky : )
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
    lounge across the street? We have not been to their restaurant since our first Aruba visit in 2002 but they made us go to their smokey lounge across the street to wait, I was so annoyed b/c we had reservations and it was clearly a ploy to get us to drink more and they could have seated us earlier. My husband was curious if they still do this.
    Has never happened to my group.
    It sounds like you are going with a crowd, make a reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Has never happened to my group.
    It sounds like you are going with a crowd, make a reservation.
    A few years ago this happened to us - it was just me and my husband (no crowd) and yes, we did have reservations. It was also when Garufa was fairly new, too, so at that time we were more than happy to check it out.

If they did that today though, I would just say "no thanks" and grab a drink at their bar while I waited for my table.

I have been in their bar though when it has been extremely crowded so it is nice to have Garufa for the "overflow" of people waiting for tables.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

that happened to us once but we just stayed outside until the table was ready. Not really a big deal, just don't go over..