Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Downtown best place to meet cruisers for a drink

We go to Iguana Joe's every trip at least twice. We like the open bar that is up on the second floor so there are breezes. Have the folks you are meeting been to Aruba before?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We go to Iguana Joe's every trip at least twice. We like the open bar that is up on the second floor so there are breezes. Have the folks you are meeting been to Aruba before?
    This is their first time to Aruba. Originally we were going to miss them but since we added a day we will get to see them. They are doing atvs to the Natural Pool in the morning so they will only have a couple hours in the afternoon to hang out. Its looking like we are between Iguana Joes, Reflextions, and Blu Bar.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i do NOT understand how the Paddock remains open.
    drinks great.
    food and service less than mediocre.

i think that the cruisers plop themselves down in there as it is an interesting and close place with a nice view.
    that is probably what keeps them afloat.
    Try the Pork Sate' with peanut sauce and you will understand. Great ambience and views at The Paddock as well. Slow service but we don't mind that. Never in a hurry on Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    This is their first time to Aruba. Originally we were going to miss them but since we added a day we will get to see them. They are doing atvs to the Natural Pool in the morning so they will only have a couple hours in the afternoon to hang out. Its looking like we are between Iguana Joes, Reflextions, and Blu Bar.
    I'd say Iguana Joe's. It's really close to the docks, so you could drink right up till they need to walk across the street and board. That was the first place we had a drink on our first trip to Aruba. That's probably why we go back year after year...

I would go for Iguana Joe's. We met a bunch of people from a cruise ship.
    Didn't know them but they talk and had drinks with us for an hour or so...

Mojito's is close by too.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Iggy (I know it is Iguana but that's what we call it lol) Joe's for sure!

Make sure you check on the disembark status of the passengers - we were planning on meeting our friends last year and the ship wasn't allowed to disembark because of a norovirus scare. They were on the Oceania "Riviera" last March. It was a bummer for them because they hadn't been to Aruba in over twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Make sure you check on the disembark status of the passengers - we were planning on meeting our friends last year and the ship wasn't allowed to disembark because of a norovirus scare. They were on the Oceania "Riviera" last March. It was a bummer for them because they hadn't been to Aruba in over twenty years.
    Oh wow! Well there's another check mark in the land vacation column.

Our friends are actually talking about coming to Moomba now, so I guess we will wait and see how much time they have after their tour. I don't want them to have to rush.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12