Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By kent
  • 1 Post By clash1013
  • 3 Post By Lakeh2o

Thread: Driftwood

Driftwood

I've never been to Driftwood and since going to Aruba I've been getting more and more into seafood. Today I saw an advertisement from Driftwood on Face Book so I was like hmmm maybe I should try it.

Is this restaurant in the downtown area Oranjestad and how is the food?

Aruba since 1979
    the driftwood is downtown...about 2 streets back from the Ren Marina tower.
    the food is good
    they also have an early bird (at least they did the last few times that we were there)

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    I've never been to Driftwood and since going to Aruba I've been getting more and more into seafood. Today I saw an advertisement from Driftwood on Face Book so I was like hmmm maybe I should try it.

Is this restaurant in the downtown area Oranjestad and how is the food?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We hadnt gone in yrs, like ten yrs
    then we saw their early bird specials one nite in the paper
    went and really liked it
    lots of locals there
    place packed
    i told the waiter i liked the dish that the fish was served on
    it was white banded in blue with a fish in the middle
    next thing i know a bag wrapped for my leftovers was a bit heavy

go try it!

We went a a couple years ago. I liked that you had options for how you wanted your fish cooked. Their fish was fresh and they offered several specials. They do fishing charters and cook your fish if you are interesred in that option. I remember the bread being very good too. We take taxis, but I wanted to mention that there doesnt seem to be much parking in the area. Maybe some car renters can give advice on where to park for this restaurant?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We went a a couple years ago. I liked that you had options for how you wanted your fish cooked. Their fish was fresh and they offered several specials. They do fishing charters and cook your fish if you are interesred in that option. I remember the bread being very good too. We take taxis, but I wanted to mention that there doesnt seem to be much parking in the area. Maybe some car renters can give advice on where to park for this restaurant?
    There's a parking lot just east of "Driftwood" near "Que Pasa" - the booth is unmanned at night (ie it's free).

I'd recommend a taxi though as driving in downtown Oranjestad at night is a bit of a train wreck due to congestion and a myriad of one way streets.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Haven't missed a dinner at Driftwood in the past 11 years. Wonderful catch of the day. Great prices. Yes, the early bird is still an option as we usually take advantage of this!

As far as parking goes, we just park in the big lot by the boats and its only 2 blocks in land. Its just a nice walk before and after you eat. I am only speaking for my self. I can use a nice walk!!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Driftwood is very nice. They have a Dinner Special for 25.95 and I'm pretty sure you can order that all night long. If I remember correctly, it includes a choice of 4 appetizers, choice of 4 or 5 entrees, and a choice of a few desserts. Their fish is always fresh and very tasty. It can be a hard place to find though if you haven't been there before. Ask a local for directions or take a taxi.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    We absolutely LOVE Driftwood. Never had something bad there, we make it a point to go every trip. I would highly recommend going, you will not be disappointed.

We have dinner reservations there tonight!!!