Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Drink of choice?

I'd be too embarrassed to summarize a response but frequent readers know my vices.

I think there is a limit to the number of characters that can be typed so I'll just apply the KISS theory. A lot of everything or what act1966 said.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Hurricanes, we only found them at Matthews beach bar by Casa Del Mar.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Does anyone know what a "Radler" is?

It's a 50:50 mixture of beer and sparkling lemonade, quite refreshing and not too much alcohol. I loved to drink them when on vacation in Europe. Not sure, if Aruba has it.

Radlers are sorta popular where I live (WI=lots of Germans). For me in AUA it's Mimosas with breakfast, then beer from there. I struggle with beer on the island, I bring a bunch from home (ambers, browns, stouts). But when out and about I will drink a Polar or Miller. I cannot choke down a Balashi or Bright. I am still working on opening a Micro Brew in Aruba Oh I also like a Dirty Banana/Monkey sitting at the AM beach bar.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Good Luck with the Micro Brew! Sounds great!

What is a Dirty Banana/Monkey? LOL

On the beach we drink flavored vodka and sprite and/or bud light. At happy hour I like amstel Brights, Jon will stick to bud lights. At Moomba it's watermelon mojotos, at Carlitos it's mudslides, at Pelicans it's Passion Fruit Vojitos..like a mojito with vodka instead of rum. If it's a beer only day my night cap is crown royal and water.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

i usually make a rum punch to take to the beach. I buy the captain morgans on sale at duty free but sometimes buy the cuban rum Havana Club at Lings. When I run out of the punch I usually buy 1 frozen drink when I leave the beach for lunch. During the evenings wine with dinner except if I got to MJs, Chalet Suiise or Quinta de Carmen its an old fashion martini straight up or a Manhattan made with bourbon. At home wine with dinner on Saturdays a Martini or Manhattan with Dinner on Sunday.

I have another and how could I forget?!? The orange Cosmo at Quinta del Carmen is outstanding!
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 03-05-2016 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Typos
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Okay, first there needs to be a full disclosure... I have given up beer. No, I'm not ill or anything like that, but I have not had a beer since New Years Eve. It's just something I wanted to do. That said, I now enjoy gin with diet or gin and tonics. I haven't been to Aruba since quitting beer (I hate saying I'm a quitter), so Balashi and Polar may come back into play, we'll see. DW likes Aruba Arribas and rum and OJ and we both love our mimosas or Bloody Marys with breakfast.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast