Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Drink of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Okay, first there needs to be a full disclosure... I have given up beer. No, I'm not ill or anything like that, but I have not had a beer since New Years Eve. It's just something I wanted to do. That said, I now enjoy gin with diet or gin and tonics. I haven't been to Aruba since quitting beer (I hate saying I'm a quitter), so Balashi and Polar may come back into play, we'll see. DW likes Aruba Arribas and rum and OJ and we both love our mimosas or Bloody Marys with breakfast.
    Make it challenging when you come back to Aruba - only drink Polar that was made in Venezuela (as opposed to the more commonly found USA-made version).

Locals swear there's a huge difference. Then you can say you're just "rewarding" yourself for having found it!!

Act I love Polar. I first had it on a Mi Dushi cruise and the crew told me it was Venezuelan. It is what I would usually drink in Aruba, but it was becoming increasingly harder to find so I defaulted to Balashi. I am a firm believer in drinking local, no matter where I am, Aruba, Europe, Japan, etc... It will be a challenge to see if i can stay away from the golden elixir of the gods, but I'm going to try. You don't happen to know what brands of gin Price Smart carries do you? I have printed out my membership form and it will be one of our first stops in April.

Breakfast is a very light mimosa (by color of course), beach is usually vodka with something - crystal light mixes mostly, early happy hour (just frozen drinks) is a 3/4 pina colada (to leave much room for the rum ), next happy hour is Aruba Arribas, dinner is usually a fun drink of some kind. I leave the beer & wine for home
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Act I love Polar. I first had it on a Mi Dushi cruise and the crew told me it was Venezuelan. It is what I would usually drink in Aruba, but it was becoming increasingly harder to find so I defaulted to Balashi. I am a firm believer in drinking local, no matter where I am, Aruba, Europe, Japan, etc... It will be a challenge to see if i can stay away from the golden elixir of the gods, but I'm going to try. You don't happen to know what brands of gin Price Smart carries do you? I have printed out my membership form and it will be one of our first stops in April.
    Walt - bring your passport with you to the membership desk. They wouldn't accept my Canadian driver's license for some reason.

The last time I checked they had Tanq and Sapphire gin but their stock varies wildly so you'll have to see.

We purchase Bombay Sapphire from them. We'll be stopping there in a couple of days and we'll see what else they have.

TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Junior Member norecollectionmike's Avatar
    we go to Aruba every year and we like coconut rum, straight for sipping or mixed with any fruit juice. we usually buy 2 bottles at the airport on the way in and then visit Marcia and Jerome at the Arubian Taste in back of the Divi Golf and Beach Resort. They used to have a shop at the Palmera Rum Factory but have moved... their website is http://www.buyarubarum.com and their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/ArubianTaste-1398947490381171/ The Arubian Taste is a small shot with all sorts of flavored rums and liquors. Marcia and Jerome are very friendly and will let you sample everything and then some. oh and BTW we don't drink all that in one week - we go for 3 weeks!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but thanks everyone

My favorite drink is the famous Aruba Ariba.... nothing too strong and very refreshing..

When we first started going to Manchebo in 2004 they had a drink called the Cabuya on the menu. We fell in love with them but could never find them anywhere else on the island. Then they took them off the menu! Luckily for us, Ignacio the bartender remembered how to make them and he still works there after all these years! When we show up he doesn't even have to ask us what we want. He knows! He then will have to show the other bartenders how to make them because other patrons get curious and want to try them. He makes them THE BEST though and so when he's working we always insist he make ours. At Happy Hour when they are two for one, he usually makes enough that we get FOUR drinks for the price of one! He calls it "extra"! LOL So what is a Cabuya you ask...it's a frozen drink that has Bailey's, Coconut Cream, Creme de Banana, Ponche Crema, Triple Sec and a fresh banana. When you mix all these things together, they blend perfectly so you don't get an overwhelming taste of banana or coconut. My husband doesn't care for either but he loves Cabuya's! During our stay they usually make this the "drink of the day" at least one of the days. Next time you're in Aruba, head on over to the Pega Pega for Happy Hour and ask Ignacio to make you a Cabuya! Drink of choice?-12278647_10208284900908941_7800506426815356924_n.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    i am surprised that they allow glass on the beach. (the tall ones)

that drink sounds delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashamcg View Post
    When we first started going to Manchebo in 2004 they had a drink called the Cabuya on the menu. We fell in love with them but could never find them anywhere else on the island. Then they took them off the menu! Luckily for us, Ignacio the bartender remembered how to make them and he still works there after all these years! When we show up he doesn't even have to ask us what we want. He knows! He then will have to show the other bartenders how to make them because other patrons get curious and want to try them. He makes them THE BEST though and so when he's working we always insist he make ours. At Happy Hour when they are two for one, he usually makes enough that we get FOUR drinks for the price of one! He calls it "extra"! LOL So what is a Cabuya you ask...it's a frozen drink that has Bailey's, Coconut Cream, Creme de Banana, Ponche Crema, Triple Sec and a fresh banana. When you mix all these things together, they blend perfectly so you don't get an overwhelming taste of banana or coconut. My husband doesn't care for either but he loves Cabuya's! During our stay they usually make this the "drink of the day" at least one of the days. Next time you're in Aruba, head on over to the Pega Pega for Happy Hour and ask Ignacio to make you a Cabuya! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12278647_10208284900908941_7800506426815356924_n.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	4849

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast