Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Drink of choice?

They are actually plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I drink Bacardi and diet coke starting at 6pm and stopping around 2:30am, lol. Press repeat the next day...
    LOL....you are my twin!!! ...And don't let some bartender try to slip me some diet Pepsi......!

Aruba since 1979
    that's great
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashamcg View Post
    They are actually plastic!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashamcg View Post
    When we first started going to Manchebo in 2004 they had a drink called the Cabuya on the menu. We fell in love with them but could never find them anywhere else on the island. Then they took them off the menu! Luckily for us, Ignacio the bartender remembered how to make them and he still works there after all these years! When we show up he doesn't even have to ask us what we want. He knows! He then will have to show the other bartenders how to make them because other patrons get curious and want to try them. He makes them THE BEST though and so when he's working we always insist he make ours. At Happy Hour when they are two for one, he usually makes enough that we get FOUR drinks for the price of one! He calls it "extra"! LOL So what is a Cabuya you ask...it's a frozen drink that has Bailey's, Coconut Cream, Creme de Banana, Ponche Crema, Triple Sec and a fresh banana. When you mix all these things together, they blend perfectly so you don't get an overwhelming taste of banana or coconut. My husband doesn't care for either but he loves Cabuya's! During our stay they usually make this the "drink of the day" at least one of the days. Next time you're in Aruba, head on over to the Pega Pega for Happy Hour and ask Ignacio to make you a Cabuya! Attachment 4849
    This sounds great! Ignacio is our favorite bartender in Aruba. We don't get to stay at Manchebo as much as we used to. We used to stay there for add on nights after we left the timeshare. We always go over to Manchebo for happy hour once or twice on each visit, so we can visit with the bar staff. My husband swears that nobody makes a brown lady on the island as well as Ignacio, and we love the extra glass full of left overs. I hope that I remember this drink so that I can ask him to make one for me next time.

I've had Icgancio's brown ladies and they are good! We actually started drinking those before we switched to the Cabuyas. Hope you get to try one next time you are there!

whats in a brown lady ?

Aruba since 1979
    • 1 oz (2 Tbsp.) Vodka
    • 1 oz (2 Tbsp.) Baileys Irish Cream
    • 1 oz (2 Tbsp.) Ponche Crema
    • 1 oz (2 Tbsp.) Kahlua
    • 2 oz (4 Tbsp.) Coconut Cream

pour all into blender with ice and blend.
    the glass can be coated with hershey syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    whats in a brown lady ?

Merlot (8 to 15 fl) found at any convenience store (Uni Casa Supermarket, SF, etc). If I'm offered a beer it's typically Balashi.

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    Balashi Chill or a Capahrina at Texas de Brazil

One thing I just can't seem to drink beer or wine (got into big trouble as teenager drinking BF stepfather's homemade wine and got so very sick).... drinks with vodka, rum and tequila. Nothing too strong.. lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast