• Dunkin Donuts

23 57.50%
  • Starbucks

11 27.50%
  • Neither Chain Belong In Aruba

6 15.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    We love Smit & Dorlas coffee, too, and buy it at Lings to bring home with us every year. But we can't find a place open in the early morning that sells it to go! MVC doesn't have coffee makers in the room, so we stroll down to DD at The Aruban every morning when it opens at 6:30 a.m. to get our first cup of the day.

Amy, if you know of a place where we might get S&D first thing in the morning, please share! We'd love to start our day off that way.
    You should email a suggestion to MVC to put coffee makers in their rooms.

I haven't looked for S&D at a restaurant in the morning but that's because we do breakfast and coffee on the balcony so we don't go out for breakfast very often.

I'll have to check to see what Mango's serves at Amsterdam Manor - maybe they could give you "to go" cups if it's S&D.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    You should email a suggestion to MVC to put coffee makers in their rooms.

I haven't looked for S&D at a restaurant in the morning but that's because we do breakfast and coffee on the balcony so we don't go out for breakfast very often.

I'll have to check to see what Mango's serves at Amsterdam Manor - maybe they could give you "to go" cups if it's S&D.
    Good idea, Amy! I think I will email a suggestion to MVC. They are slowly making improvements, so maybe they will consider this request, too!

DH and I are early risers and often find ourselves waiting for 6:30 a.m. to arrive so we can get our first cup! I'd love to be able to brew our own S&D in the room and sit and relax watching the sun come up. Ahhhh...can't wait to book our next trip!

Ahhhh...can't wait to book our next trip!
    What are you waiting for? Do it....TODAY!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    What are you waiting for? Do it....TODAY!
    I hear ya, RobO! I've been itching to get flights and hotel booked, but am still trying to figure out exactly when we can go! Hoping for July/August but need to confirm time off from work before booking. Hoping that air fares go on sale and I can grab a bargain ... but I'm not holding my breath!! Believe me ... you guys will be the first to know when it's booked!

Good idea, Amy! I think I will email a suggestion to MVC. They are slowly making improvements, so maybe they will consider this request, too!
    I'm sure they would consider it. MVC is still a "work in progress" and they're open to suggestions.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I'm sure they would consider it. MVC is still a "work in progress" and they're open to suggestions.
    Yes, we've noticed improvements at MVC each time we've stayed there. Since Amsterdam Manor has taken them over, things are better.

I have sent an email off to them asking if they would consider putting coffee makers in the rooms. I have not yet heard back from them, but when I do, I'll let you all know what they say.

Starbucks for me!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBakedBernie View Post
    Starbucks for me!!
    Hey with a name like that you would think u were a dunks fan???

The beach and the entire island. Don't have a favorite place because they are all wonderful places to me.....
    In NY I rather have Starbucks but in Aruba, I rather not have any of them.

Dutch coffee question

Of the Dutch coffees available in the stores in Aruba, which is the strongest? My husband and I both like bold coffee, not bitter such as Starbucks often is but good and strong with a rich flavor.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast