Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolores

Thread: El Chalan Peruvian Restaurant

El Chalan Peruvian Restaurant

Wondering if anyone tried the Peruvian place called El Chalan?

It is somewhat close to Gauchos, can't remember the name of the street.

They serve some pretty solid food, normally a combination of rice, beans, stewed beef, ceviches and very nice fish.

Another one of these places designed for locals, not tourists.

Lomo Saltado a Lo Pobre rocks (minced beef, rice, fries, a fried egg on top of the rice and amazing sauce...).

I am interested in all kinds of "gems" restaurants that aren't too touristy but offer great value, like The Kitchen, El Chalan and this Colombian place close to the Church on Noord (forgot the name!), would any of you know other restaurants like these?

Aruba since 1979
    there is a restaurant that we went to frequently in years past and have not been though in a few years......NOS CONUCU

it is truly aruban

located in the back of a home

when in aruba turn at the texaco station and head as if you are going toward the fire station (fire station will be on your right behind shrubbery and you may see a helicopter parked there)
    continue to the first rotary and take the first exit right.
    follow straight and there will be a hardware store on your right.take the next left after the hardware store and nos conucu will be on the left

it has interesting kinds of food
    goat stew
    sometimes iguana stew (which is apparently illegal)
    and great chicken and burgers
    cheap balashi too!

Quote Originally Posted by baluba View Post
    Wondering if anyone tried the Peruvian place called El Chalan?

It is somewhat close to Gauchos, can't remember the name of the street.

They serve some pretty solid food, normally a combination of rice, beans, stewed beef, ceviches and very nice fish.

Another one of these places designed for locals, not tourists.

Lomo Saltado a Lo Pobre rocks (minced beef, rice, fries, a fried egg on top of the rice and amazing sauce...).

I am interested in all kinds of "gems" restaurants that aren't too touristy but offer great value, like The Kitchen, El Chalan and this Colombian place close to the Church on Noord (forgot the name!), would any of you know other restaurants like these?

Hi all,

When I was on the island in September 2011, I went by Nos Concuu and it was still closed and under a rebuild. Not sure when, if ever, it will reopen. It's is truely missed. I always went for dinner and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. . . . I miss it. . .

Tom and Stanley

Aruba since 1979
    thanks tom!!!
    give stanley a big smooch for me.

Went to El Chalan

Went last night, the food was amazing. Had a fish dish, the dish with the steak and egg and a chicken dish. All were great and the place was clean, prices were great our meal for all three came to $40. It is located right around the corner from cooks and penuts resturant at the light were penuts is you take a right. Dolores