Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: El Gaucho

El Gaucho

Anyone update me please.
    My first time on this board. Ten years since I was last on 'one happy island' At that time the only restaurant that was truly raived about was El Gouchos. If one was on the island for less than one week you had little chance of booking a table. Exceptional service and fabulous beef, perfectly cooked - is it still the same ???
    My fondest memory was traveling to a temporary office each relatively early morning, wishing all of the smiling and impeccably presented hotel service workers a good morning. If only everyone in the world could adopt this attitude.
    Hopefully not long now, looking out of the window at a typical English summerhttp://www.aruba.com/forum/images/sm...other/rain.gif

Aruba since 1979
    elgaucho still exists and lots of rave reviews indeed.

i encourage you to go thru the culinary section, read some reviews and make sure that you are not hungry.

reservations are necessary at elgaucho.

another great steak/beef place is lg smith steakhouse at the renaissance marina downtown.

another is ruths chris steak at the marriott.

another (my favorite) is madam janette.

read and read and read
    the more you read, the more you will want to read.

Good steakhouse click this link

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Ken&Brenda View Post
    Anyone update me please.
    My first time on this board. Ten years since I was last on 'one happy island' At that time the only restaurant that was truly raived about was El Gouchos. If one was on the island for less than one week you had little chance of booking a table. Exceptional service and fabulous beef, perfectly cooked - is it still the same ???
    My fondest memory was traveling to a temporary office each relatively early morning, wishing all of the smiling and impeccably presented hotel service workers a good morning. If only everyone in the world could adopt this attitude.
    Hopefully not long now, looking out of the window at a typical English summerhttp://www.aruba.com/forum/images/sm...other/rain.gif
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-21-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ken and Brenda,
    There's plenty of other steak houses out there that you should try....read between the lines....We've been going 13 years now so I kinda feel I know the "place"...cindy

Ken and Brenda....I agree with cindy and andrea...read the forum and you will get a pretty good idea of what are the preferred places for each type if meal you want.
    I used to blather on and on about El Gaucho's...still think the steaks are great, but there are others out there that are just as good or better....Madam Janettes surf and turf will knock your socks off !!!! LGSmith great also...
    Have fun reading the forum and welcome..!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    I used to blather on and on about El Gaucho's...still think the steaks are great, but there are others out there that are just as good or better....Madam Janettes surf and turf will knock your socks off !!!! LGSmith great also...
    Madame Janette's probably has the best meal of the three.....but none of these three have the great Aruba ambiance I look for. El Gaucho is consistent. LG Smith's....was "OK", not fantastic. Next year, I'll go back to Sunset at the Radisson for their rib eye.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

We love El Gaucho and go every couple of weeks. We try to time it to Garufa's (across the street) entertainment and make it an evening.

El Gaucho is the only place we still go to every trip since our first visit in 1995. Gotta have the "Gaucho"steak with their chimichurri sauce. I like the fact that you get to choose your 3 sides versus 10 yrs ago. Afterwards we go to Garufa's also to have a cocktail and listen to the music.
    We do enjoy steaks other places, LG Smith, Chalet Suisse and Windows on Aruba are all a must on our trips.
    So many places to chose from, so little time.

I agree there is not enough time to try everywhere when you only go for 1 week, and you want to try new places but still love the old.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

El Gaucho

Who has been recently???? is it worth going

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

We were there in May and it was very good. We just had 2 "Gaucho steaks", and they were consistant with previous years.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast