Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

El Gaucho's pricing

Working on the budget for our upcoming trip. Have heard nothing but good things about El Gaucho's. What should I expect to spend there for two people? Is it comparable to a place like Morton's, with $40-50 steaks, or is it a bit more affordable?
    Leaving for Divi AI Aruba in

You'll hear about lovers and haters of El Gaucho. It's one of my husband's favorite places. Their 'El Gaucho' steak will run you $30. Some cuts are higher and the petite filet less expensive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~

We've never been able to understand how El Gaucho got so popular. We went in May. The place was half empty, yet it was hot and noisy and had very slow service. The steaks were just okay (Had better here in the USA for sure) and the vegetables were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertner View Post
    Working on the budget for our upcoming trip. Have heard nothing but good things about El Gaucho's. What should I expect to spend there for two people? Is it comparable to a place like Morton's, with $40-50 steaks, or is it a bit more affordable?
    Have been going to El Gaucho since we first started going to Aruba and have always enjoyed our meals. The place us usually crowed and we have had to go across the street ot the Cigar Bar and wait with a pager to be seated. Maybe we are lucky, but our food has always been very good. I always get the gaucho steak and smother it with the pesto/garlic sauce....
    On an other note, our friends prefer Tango which is up by the highrise hotels.
    I think both are comparible in price and for 2 you should spend less than 100 dollars.
    Where ever you decide to go....enjoy !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

There would be the difference, Michele. I don't put any sauce at all on a good steak - ever. For me, a proper steak doesn't need a sauce. Especially with a garlic pesto, the flavor of the steak would be masked. (I do love garlic pesto though - probably ought to have put it on my ElGaucho steak.)

I should add that the soggy, previously frozen, tasteless mess they use for corn on the cob could never appeal to this Jersey girl . Jersey, Penna and Maryland have the best corn. We're spoiled.

I have enjoyed my steaks at El Gaucho.
    The price varies for what you order. My steak was $29,50.
    They do have a lunch special for $20 dollar. That's what my girlfriend and I did during lunch last time. You get a 3 course meal, and it's really good.
    The food is great, the service is good but it took a while to get our food. Still my favorite steak restaurant on the island.

Here's their menu: http://www.elgaucho-aruba.com/menu/index.html

Thanks to all for the quick feedback.
    Leaving for Divi AI Aruba in

AuntieMame,
    I will have to agree with you about the corn. My husband and I own and farm 200 acres in PA and I am seriously spoiled when it comes to corn....picked and eaten the same day...NEVER eaten after the first day....
    As for the garlic/pesto--I really have been lucky to get good cuts of meat at the restaurant, the topping is just hard to resist....very tasty, even on bread...
    I have spoken with other folks at our resort that have not liked El Gaucho....I guess I have just been lucky. Sort of like the conversation about Italian restaurants...I loved Hosatria the 1st time we went, but the 2nd time was awful. Don't know if cooks were changed or what, but we don't go there anymore because of it.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We have always had great food and service at El Gaucho. The atmosphere has always been fantastic as well.

The way I look at it is if the worst thing you can say about a great steak restaurant is that they have bad corn, I think you are doing well.

April/May in Aruba - ahhh

We went twice last year (May & July), and both times were very good. We usually go early and service has been very attentive. That "pesto" sauce is the chimichurri and is sooo good. They even sell jars to take home Haven't had the corn there in a few years since you get your choice of sides. I hope that doesn't change. It was pretty bad from what I recall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast