Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Ever hear of or go to Sawasdee Thai Restaurant??

I'm loving Thai food for the past 2 years now. Especially shrimp Pad Thai, delicious. Has anyone been here or have any comments on it?

Thumbs up

We go to this thai restaurant alot and love it. We think it is the best Thai food we have ever had as do our friends from Canada who have visited. However some of our friends in Aruba don't like it so really I think it is personal taste as it is with all restaurants. The pad thai is delicious. Good value so worth a try I would say. Make sure to find a coupon for wine for the table offered in some of the tourist booklets.

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda

Thai restaurant

I tried Sawasdee twice. One time, I put in a carry out order. They put soups in a paper bag with no lids, and I had to come back inside and have the owner correct the problem.

When trying to order, it was clear that not everyone who works there knows what the food is, or what's in it.

I wasn't hugely happy with the quality of the chicken in the dishes I ordered. I thought it was middling at best. I wish there were better Thai available on the island!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I don't know if they kept or have a new chef, but I spoke to the new owner for a few minutes a couple of weeks ago. Seemed like a nice guy.

Sounds like a place we will have to try. maybe not in April but when we come back down in November when we have more time. Thanks for your opinions!

I think I should also try Sawasdee.