Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast Food

Fast Food

I've heard that fast food (Subway, etc.) down in Aruba is incredibly expensive. Is this true? How much does it cost for a typical meal at Subway or Burger King or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CLNDAR2009 View Post
    I've heard that fast food (Subway, etc.) down in Aruba is incredibly expensive. Is this true? How much does it cost for a typical meal at Subway or Burger King or something?
    Not true.

On our recent trip we went to Subway and to KFC. Both were a little more than in the states, but not substantially. A six-inch sub was around $4.00. The four of us ate at KFC for around $25. I actually found a receipt from KFC.
    Combo Meals (with drinks): 3 strip combo, $5.50; 2-piece combo, $5.50; Twister combo, $6.25; Honey BBQ wing combo $6.25.

A word of caution....fast food places, more than anywhere, post prices in Florins. If you don't realize this you could be easily mis-led. For example, that $4 sub would cost 7Afl.

Ice cream is high (Baskin Robbins and, to a much greater degree, Haagen Daz).
    Last edited by rob o; 05-30-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

You might also try many of the Chinese restaurants for very reasonably priced food that will come fast.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    You might also try many of the Chinese restaurants for very reasonably priced food that will come fast.

Good point, Nic.

To that, may I add take-out pizza.

In our experience, Sbarro (pizza) and Burger King are priced much higher than the USA and McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Subway are priced similar or only slightly higher than in the USA. There is also a lot of variation in pricing in the grocery stores in Aruba so you need to pay attention and, as RobO pointed out, convert your Florins to Dollars.

Dave and Jodie

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJodie View Post
    In our experience, Sbarro (pizza) and Burger King are priced much higher than the USA and McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Subway are priced similar or only slightly higher than in the USA. There is also a lot of variation in pricing in the grocery stores in Aruba so you need to pay attention and, as RobO pointed out, convert your Florins to Dollars.

Dave and Jodie
    Dave and Jody, Sorry to say, Sabarro is no longer there. Their store front is being taken over by Starbucks...bummer, huh..

If you're on the road, there is the Tia Rosa snack truck just past the new traffic circle at Pos Chikito. There is also the snack truck on the circle by Club Havana.

With my experience over the past 8 days, "FAST" Food is a stretch. Both time at McDonalds drive thru took longer than 20 mins. Wendy's wasnt too bad at a mere 10 mins!

The place where you get the food from the window in the house in Savaneta can be seen at my blog. Here is a direct link. Forgot that I did a little piece about this place.

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/?s=foo...&submit=Search

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by trnst7 View Post
    With my experience over the past 8 days, "FAST" Food is a stretch. Both time at McDonalds drive thru took longer than 20 mins. Wendy's wasnt too bad at a mere 10 mins!
    Shared your McDonald's experience three years ago....more like 30 minutes. Haven't returned. As Yogi Berra said...."Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded".

BK, KFC, Little Ceasar's, Subway experience was better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast