Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Favorite places to eat at the bar

Favorite places to eat at the bar

I am heading to Aruba next week for my first solo trip (wife has all of her days accounted for and I have free days that will expire if not used) and I am thinking about some different places to eat where I can sit at the bar and dine. My first night will most likely be at Bugloe. I am looking for places I can eat at the bar to be a little more social than sitting alone.

I am thinking I will eat at the Divi bar (ritz) a couple of times, and I may do the bar at BLT as well. Looking for some other options. Does the Local Store have a bar I can dine at? I was thinking about trying them for a burger. I used to like Gilligans at the Hilton but they have changed their menu and I don't like it at this point. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-13-2016 at 07:59 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I always liked Moomba's Bar. It's been a while so I don't know how much it changed. But it would be in walking distance for you.

CK1
    Another fun place to be would be "Salt & Pepper". The food was always great, IMO. It's in walking distance for you as well.

CK1
    A little further but still in walking distance for you would be "Bingo Cafe & Restaurant" (Route 3). I always thought it was a fun place with great food, laid back people, down to earth.

I have been four times solo to Aruba as DH can not handle the heat too well and took care of the fur kids. During my trips I noticed that I was never alone, people are very outgoing and friendly, so am I, and it was easy to have conversations, even while dining. Sometimes, the seating hostess or the wait staff would asked where I was from, if it was my first time in Aruba, how I liked it etc.

I think you will have a fantastic time in Aruba and look forward to your trip reports!

Been to Aruba a few times on my own. My favorite "eat at the bar" places are Bingo, Barney's, Bugaloe, Tulip, Taste of Belgium, the West Deck, and Pinchos.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks for the tips. It will be my 17th trip but my first on my own, lol. I had Barneys and Bingo as maybes because my wife really wants to go to both this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks for the tips. It will be my 17th trip but my first on my own, lol. I had Barneys and Bingo as maybes because my wife really wants to go to both this summer.

Hubs and I enjoy dining at The Beach Bar at Playa Linda (order off the Azzurro menu). There's always some nice folks around, and the bartenders are great.

Will be there in 18 days...can't wait. Enjoy!

CK1
    In case you decide to explore downtown Oranjestad, maybe the new Helicopters there, "The Plaza Cafe" at the Seaport Mall was always fun.

Next to it is the "Dutch Pancake House". I don't know if you have a sweet tooth but just thinking about it... mmmmmh!

And a little bit further down is "Hung Paradise", a little Chinese restaurant with excellent food.

All three places are laid back, good food. You could sit inside where it's air-conditioned or outside, all three have an outside area to enjoy the yacht haven area, watching people go by etc. It has always been one of my most favorite places after exploring the town.

CK1
    Did you plan on maybe renting a car? And driving down to Baby Beach? On the way there is "Charlie's Bar". I never have been there but would love to go. From "Charles' Snippets" it sounds wonderful, a reminder of the old days, many stories from way back then...

Salt and Pepper is one of my favorite spots to eat at the bar. The staff is super friendly. They have plenty of tapas to choose from and sometimes we just go in for dessert.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast