Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite Sunset Dinner?

Hello Again!
    I have been looking into the sunset dinner on the beach options and there appear to be so many. So I was hoping maybe you could tell me which one you like best and why? We are going to be a party of 3 couples, so somewhere with great food and a fun atmosphere!

Thanks again,
    Trudy

Aruba since 1979
    lots of folks here LOVE passions on the beach across from amsterdam manor.

marina pirata is another good choice

flying fishbone another

grabbing a nice bottle or 2 of wine, some brie, crackers, fruit, sandwiches and sitting on the beach might be more relaxed and more fun.

check the link below and read more suggestions.
    Beach side dining
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-15-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrudM75 View Post
    Hello Again!
    I have been looking into the sunset dinner on the beach options and there appear to be so many. So I was hoping maybe you could tell me which one you like best and why? We are going to be a party of 3 couples, so somewhere with great food and a fun atmosphere!

Thanks again,
    Trudy
    Do you want a fun atmosphere over a romantic atmosphere? If that's the case, I would go with Flying Fishbone. The food is great but it's a little more crowded than the other beach dining restaurants (more tables closer together.) We like going there with friends but not when it's just the two of us and we want a quiet, romantic atmosphere (that's when we go to Passions.)

You will need a rental car to get to Flying Fishbone (or pay a hefty taxi fare) since it's located in Savaneta. Passions is located on Eagle Beach at Amsterdam Manor.

Other nice options that are not right ON the beach but are on a pier over/near the water: Pinchos, Marandi, and Barefoot. All are great places.

For us, our first choice is always Passions for "toes in the sand" romantic dining. Our second, third, and fourth choices are a tie between Pinchos, Marandi, and Barefoot.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Yes - I think that we are looking for a more fun atmosphere for that night as it will be dinner with friends! I have been leaning towards Flying Fishbone, so maybe we will stick with that. Thanks!

Do you know approximately how much a cab is from Palm Beach to FFB?

Maybe we will do one of the other more romantic places when we go to dinner on our own one night! Passions and Pinchos both look really great for that!

Thanks again - you are all so very helpful!
    ~Trudy

Amy would know, but perhaps Nikky Beach http://www.nikkybeacharuba.com/ is another option for a "fun" atmosphere.

A taxi to the Flying Fishbone depending upon whether you are staying at a high rise, Eagle beach, or low rise resort is going to run $29 -$31 EACH WAY. That is for a MAXIMUM of 5 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Amy would know, but perhaps Nikky Beach http://www.nikkybeacharuba.com/ is another option for a "fun" atmosphere.

A taxi to the Flying Fishbone depending upon whether you are staying at a high rise, Eagle beach, or low rise resort is going to run $29 -$31 EACH WAY. That is for a MAXIMUM of 5 people.
    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about Nikky Beach. We have only had appetizers there (which were good) so I can't vouch for their dinner entrees but if you're looking for more of a fun/party atmosphere with food and drinks, this is the place.

Here's their menu:
    http://www.nikkybeacharuba.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/NikkyBeachMenu.pdf

But if great food is at the top of your list, you might be better off with Flying Fishbone for the "dining experience".
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Is Nikky Beach fairly new?

It looks like it could be a fun place to go for an afternoon. Do you know if you are able to rent/reserve chairs there for a an afternoon? I did not see any info about that on their website.

I have found it difficult to get comfortable sitting on a folding chair stuck in the sand. I prefer Pinchos. While it's not dining in the sand, you have a beautiful view of the sunset with attractive surroundings and comfortable seating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Favorite Sunset Dinner?-dsc01154.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TrudM75 View Post
    Is Nikky Beach fairly new?

It looks like it could be a fun place to go for an afternoon. Do you know if you are able to rent/reserve chairs there for a an afternoon? I did not see any info about that on their website.

They DO rent chaises and umbrellas

$6 without umbrella and $9 with umbrella.

Nikky Beach on facebook

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast