Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Feeding extended family. Help:)

Greetings everyone and a Merry Christmas to all. Thank you in advance for all the great info. I'm about to visit Aruba for my second time and am bringing along nine family members for what I hope becomes an annual event.

I've been through quite a few post trying to research where I can feed the clan without mortgaging my home, lol. We will be there for a week and I am looking for some suggestions on meals. More interested in Quantity than quality since I'm feeding 5 teenages, three play football! I plan on hitting King Ribs, the Hot Takeaway and maybe Hollywood Smokehouse for a few meals.
    I'm sure we'll hit a few fast food places for lunch as well. With all that in mind, help with the following is again greatly appreciated:

1. All you can eat Buffets?
    2. I promised mother a seafood buffet with crab legs. Any Suggestions?
    3. I'm planning on fixing most breakfast. How are the prices and best place for eggs, milk, etc?
    4. One nice Italian restaurant?
    5. If you know any websites to the restraurants suggested or pricing, that would be helpful.

Thank you again for taking your time to help.

I haven't been to a buffet on the island so I'm not much help with that one. I know Matthew's has an all you can eat rib night on Tuesdays but I'm not sure about the cost. I tried Zeerover in Savaneta on my last trip and it's my new favorite for quantity/quality. I spent $13 on a big wahoo steak, fries, plantains, and a dozen shrimp...and beer was only $2/bottle. I sent my parents down there a month later and the two of them had a giant meal for less than the 50 florin I'd given them.

Eagle beach, Baby beach, The light house, Catilina cove, Boca catilina
    Quote Originally Posted by demcpita View Post
    Greetings everyone and a Merry Christmas to all. Thank you in advance for all the great info. I'm about to visit Aruba for my second time and am bringing along nine family members for what I hope becomes an annual event.

I've been through quite a few post trying to research where I can feed the clan without mortgaging my home, lol. We will be there for a week and I am looking for some suggestions on meals. More interested in Quantity than quality since I'm feeding 5 teenages, three play football! I plan on hitting King Ribs, the Hot Takeaway and maybe Hollywood Smokehouse for a few meals.
    I'm sure we'll hit a few fast food places for lunch as well. With all that in mind, help with the following is again greatly appreciated:

1. All you can eat Buffets?
    2. I promised mother a seafood buffet with crab legs. Any Suggestions?
    3. I'm planning on fixing most breakfast. How are the prices and best place for eggs, milk, etc?
    4. One nice Italian restaurant?
    5. If you know any websites to the restraurants suggested or pricing, that would be helpful.

Thank you again for taking your time to help.
    I'm sure the all you can eat ribs at Mattews is $19. On Wednesday The Islander Grill at La cabana also has all you can eat ribs for under $20. Here is the link to all of the restaurants in Aruba...Hope you enjoy.
    http://dinearuba.com/default.aspx

Have never been but I would check out Hadicurari for seafood buffet. Not sure but I think I read that they have a great seafood buffet on a couple nights a week. Have heard good things about this place.

Also, Zeerovers is a must imo.

There are some excellent suggestions for inexpensive restaurants in these threads

Laguna at the Radisson is currently offering a Friday Seafood Night.
    As well as two other buffet nights- Chateaubriand and Prime Rib. If you have meat and potatoes kids they will love it, along with the all you can eat peel and eat shrimp.

Though we love to frequent some of the $100 and up per couple "fine dining" restaurants in Aruba, during our June vacation our family truly enjoyed the buffet at the Radisson’s Laguna Restaurant. It was such a good value at $23.95 per person plus 15% service charge (note the price has recently increased to $30 inclusive) we ate there twice. From my trip report...

The salad bar offered including peel and eat shrimp, hand rolled sushi, soup du jour, a wide variety of “toppings” for your salad as well as a wide selection of dressings and other salads such as heart of palm, tuna, chicken or avocado cucumber and others. The salad bar never ran dry and was constantly being replenished throughout our time in the restaurant.

Add to this, a chef carving to order, melt in your mouth prime rib, accompanied by additional entrees such as fish and side dishes of vegetables, pasta and baked potatoes with toppings. The prime rib was just as good as I have had anywhere.

For dessert, the buffets offered a station with a chef making flambéed crepes as well as make your own sundaes and a separate table with cakes, tarts and pastries. One night the flambé was strawberries and another it was bananas. If that was not enough, there was fresh fruit on the salad bar as well. Whether, breakfast, lunch or dinner, fresh fruit was an area which the Radisson did not skimp on. Besides the usual oranges, apples and bananas, there were days with Bartlett pears and grapes. For the price, this was by far the best value on the island.

Aruba since 1979
    wednesdays and saturdays LAVISTA at marriott has all u can eat seafood buffet including caribbean lobstertails $55 pp. i don't know if they have crab legs .

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciboney View Post
    Have never been but I would check out Hadicurari for seafood buffet. Not sure but I think I read that they have a great seafood buffet on a couple nights a week. Have heard good things about this place.

Also, Zeerovers is a must imo.
    Haducurari 's Seafood buffet is $30 per person on Fri, sat and sun eve. Its outstanding, and was well worth our visit. In our party 5 of us had the buffet, and we all were very happy with it, and left FULL. Just there like 3 weeks ago.
    Also included is the salad bar and asst sides bar.
    cindyo

Casa Tua (the one at Palm Beach) has fairly inexpensive food and quite a lot is offered. I always see extended families eating there.