Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Filling out a restaurant list... need help

  1. #1
    Senior Member burghboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Posts
    817

    Filling out a restaurant list... need help

    Getting ready for our upcoming trip and trying to put together a restaurant list.

    Right now we are going to be eating at Tango on the first and last night, Barneys, Zeerover, the Sultan, and West Deck. So, basically we need another place or two to round things out.

    Here is the problem. I have looked at some of the more well reviewed places and although the food looks delicious to be perfectly honest I have a huge gas tank that needs to be filled and four bite entrees are a "no go". So what I need are recommendations for places that have good food and hungry adult sized portions because I would hate to have to follow up a gourmet meal with a trip to McDonalds to fill my belly.


    We aren't really reservations people and to this point have had great luck making absolutely zero reservations but fully realize our luck will someday run out. So this trip we have (and will make reservations) With our trip being so close we do realize some places may be booked up but if not we will try to reserve.











    Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.




  2. #2
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,494
    When you guys are at Moomba, check out the menu over at Hadicurari right next door. We had a great meal there a few years ago right on the beach. They were doing a special grilled fish buffet where the fish was coming off the grill right on to your plate. We plan on checking it out again this trip since we are staying so close.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  3. #3
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Curt
    you better go to Quinta Del Carmen

  4. #4
    Senior Member burghboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    When you guys are at Moomba, check out the menu over at Hadicurari right next door. We had a great meal there a few years ago right on the beach. They were doing a special grilled fish buffet where the fish was coming off the grill right on to your plate. We plan on checking it out again this trip since we are staying so close.
    Will check out Hadicurari but I just showed her Ventena Del Mar and she seemed pretty excited.











    Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.




  5. #5
    Senior Member burghboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Curt
    you better go to Quinta Del Carmen
    Would you take Quinta Del Carmen over Ventana Del Mar? Caveat... she isn't much of a seafood person.











    Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.




  6. #6
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,310
    Maybe you should try Matthews. I believe they have an all you can eat ribs night. I think other places as well have that. You have West Deck on your list. You realize that it just Tapas and if you have as big an appetite as you say, you will probably have to order many items. I never been there but from what I've read the portions are small. Smokey Joes has this platter for 2 which includes ribs, pulled pork, shrimp and 4 sides. I might go for it myself next trip.

  7. #7
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Big appetite..... Texas de Brazil comes to mind. Our favorite, of course, is Mme Janette's.

  8. #8
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Hmmmmm, probably not
    QDC isn't all seafood, had steaks and lamb there
    Ventana had steaks



    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Would you take Quinta Del Carmen over Ventana Del Mar? Caveat... she isn't much of a seafood person.

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,915
    i too thought of MJs
    huge portions
    delicious food
    lovely atmosphere

    also too Vetenas Del Mar and Quinta Del Carment

    all of these are on our list for May

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Big appetite..... Texas de Brazil comes to mind. Our favorite, of course, is Mme Janette's.

  10. #10
    Senior Member burghboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Maybe you should try Matthews. I believe they have an all you can eat ribs night. I think other places as well have that. You have West Deck on your list. You realize that it just Tapas and if you have as big an appetite as you say, you will probably have to order many items. I never been there but from what I've read the portions are small. Smokey Joes has this platter for 2 which includes ribs, pulled pork, shrimp and 4 sides. I might go for it myself next trip.
    We were at West Deck last year and ordered maybe 5 apps and drinks and it was fine. I am probably overselling the appetite size as its never been a problem but I must say when I look at pics of portion size of Madame Jeanettes my tummy goes but when I look at some others it goes ... problem is I keep reading MJ has went downhill over the years.

    I think I have 2 slots left and need to choose between Wacky Wahoo, Ventena Del Mar, Quinta Del Carmen or something else.

    CPJones I do like Texas de Brazil but haven't been able to convince myself to go there ever since I lost a 100 dollar gift card I had for the place. Skipped it on my last two trips but since I rarely get to shove ungodly amounts of beef down my gullet it may get one of my spots. Not to mention they have the best Sangria on the island.











    Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO