Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Filling out a restaurant list... need help

Madame Jannettes definitely has huge portions. Their pork schnitzel is literally dinner plate size. I've never been able to finish a meal there and the food is great. We also really liked Barneys. They have a large menu and a good variety. My husband ordered profiterole for dessert which you would expect to get a few small puffs filled with ice cream. Their's was large enough for three people. Matthew's is another good recommendation. They do have an all you can eat rib night. I think it's on Tuesday. This last trip we happened to go on Italian night. The lasagna was surprisingly good. You don't find a lot of good Italian food in Aruba but there lasagna I would go back for. Dinner also included Tirimisiu.

Aruba since 1979
    if you are interested LAVISTA @ Marriott has a wonderful seafood extravaganza buffet (there is meat too) on Saturday evenings (i think it is $60) and other evenings a regular mixed buffet. the portions can be as much as you like.

the food is terrific

i have a particular fondness for their seared tuna and prime rib.

my husband loves their lamb, lobster tails and pork loin.

if you are a mashed potato fan......OMG they are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    We were at West Deck last year and ordered maybe 5 apps and drinks and it was fine. I am probably overselling the appetite size as its never been a problem but I must say when I look at pics of portion size of Madame Jeanettes my tummy goes but when I look at some others it goes ... problem is I keep reading MJ has went downhill over the years.

I think I have 2 slots left and need to choose between Wacky Wahoo, Ventena Del Mar, Quinta Del Carmen or something else.

CPJones I do like Texas de Brazil but haven't been able to convince myself to go there ever since I lost a 100 dollar gift card I had for the place. Skipped it on my last two trips but since I rarely get to shove ungodly amounts of beef down my gullet it may get one of my spots. Not to mention they have the best Sangria on the island.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if you are interested LAVISTA @ Marriott has a wonderful seafood extravaganza buffet (there is meat too) on Saturday evenings (i think it is $60) and other evenings a regular mixed buffet. the portions can be as much as you like.

the food is terrific

i have a particular fondness for their seared tuna and prime rib.

my husband loves their lamb, lobster tails and pork loin.

if you are a mashed potato fan......OMG they are the best.

May have to decide between La Vista and Texas De Brazil and Ventena Del Mar and Quinta Del Carmen. Wacky Wahoo may end up on the outside looking in. Actually now that I think about it with the comedy show you get a 20% off discount at La Vista and we are planning on seeing two of them.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We are in Aruba now.We went to Quinta del Carmen last night. The setting is gorgeous. My husband ordered mahi mahi. While he said it was good, it was fairly small. It wasn't near as big as the mahi mahi that my daughter ordered last week when we went to Barefoot. I got grouper with a pesto pasta and it was a decent size.

Madame Janette is the first place I thought of for insane portions! I too have read or heard about things going downhill, but thankfully I have never experienced anything less than wonderful!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Getting ready for our upcoming trip and trying to put together a restaurant list.

Right now we are going to be eating at Tango on the first and last night, Barneys, Zeerover, the Sultan, and West Deck. So, basically we need another place or two to round things out.

Here is the problem. I have looked at some of the more well reviewed places and although the food looks delicious to be perfectly honest I have a huge gas tank that needs to be filled and four bite entrees are a "no go". So what I need are recommendations for places that have good food and hungry adult sized portions because I would hate to have to follow up a gourmet meal with a trip to McDonalds to fill my belly.

We aren't really reservations people and to this point have had great luck making absolutely zero reservations but fully realize our luck will someday run out. So this trip we have (and will make reservations) With our trip being so close we do realize some places may be booked up but if not we will try to reserve.
    Hello.
    Did you ever try Aquarius at the Renaissance Mall?
    If you really seafood lover, you will like this place. They serve dinner as All You Can Eat style.
    There are salad bar, soups, meat dishes and fresh seafood station, where chef cooking individually, according to your preferences.
    And no reservation needed ( just walk-in)

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Love the idea of it but one of the biggest issues I have is my girlfriend isn't really into seafood... insanity right? lol
    I'm thinking I won't worry about portion size and will instead just pick what I think will be the most enjoyable experience for the both of us. Worst case scenario I'll make a late night fast food stop like we did back in college.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    Hello.
    Did you ever try Aquarius at the Renaissance Mall?
    If you really seafood lover, you will like this place. They serve dinner as All You Can Eat style.
    There are salad bar, soups, meat dishes and fresh seafood station, where chef cooking individually, according to your preferences.
    And no reservation needed ( just walk-in)

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

I agree with Jacki on the MJ's portion sizes being gigantic - even though I'm one of their detractors, I can't argue with them serving some of the biggest plates on the island.

To be honest, I'm pretty stuffed at most places in Aruba... even the fancy "four bite entree" places tend to have multiple courses and add up to a huge amount of food by the end of it.

Trust me... Carte Blanche, White Modern and Two Fools will not leave you hungry!

Or sober. LOL

Aruba since 1979
    and maybe with some comedy entertainment from the other diners.
    right act1966?
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I agree with Jacki on the MJ's portion sizes being gigantic - even though I'm one of their detractors, I can't argue with them serving some of the biggest plates on the island.

To be honest, I'm pretty stuffed at most places in Aruba... even the fancy "four bite entree" places tend to have multiple courses and add up to a huge amount of food by the end of it.

Trust me... Carte Blanche, White Modern and Two Fools will not leave you hungry!

Or sober. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and maybe with some comedy entertainment from the other diners.
    right act1966?
    Food + drinks + laughs = good times in Aruba.

Oh yeah.... And the eighty freakin' plus degrees and constant sunshine doesn't hurt either!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast