Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Fish in Aruba (not fishing)

All things grouper for us. We like the pan fried grouper nuggets at Pelicans Nest. Jon loves ceviche and orders it everywhere, and so far his favorite has been on the beach at Playa Linda, which I am pretty sure they are getting from Azzuro. Wacky Wahoo and Pelicans Nest are good too. Manchebo fish tacos are a favorite. The cheesy shrimp concauction at Flying Fishbone also stands out to me. I had a deliciois piece of seared tuna a Moomba for lunch once. We had memorable grouper meals at Barefoot. Jon really liked the Almond grouper at MJs and we both loved the parmesan grouper at Barneys.

Tracy, I think we are going to " groupered out" ? we love it but I need to have some additional fish. I think I like Mahi and what other mild fish would you recommend? I like shrimp, lobster and fried clams. Flounder is good as well. I have tried swordfish and it was good in Fla.

Aruba since 1979
    groupered out..........NEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    Tracy, I think we are going to " groupered out" ? we love it but I need to have some additional fish. I think I like Mahi and what other mild fish would you recommend? I like shrimp, lobster and fried clams. Flounder is good as well. I have tried swordfish and it was good in Fla.
    Never groupered out, well maybe when we ordered grouper sandwiches at Salt And Pepper for breakfast, that may have been my limit.

Tuna is probably my second favorite fish, but it has to be fresh and good qualit. I also like mahi. I like Wahoo but Jon does not. Not sure I would consider it a mild fish, but I've had good Wahoo at Nos Clubhuis.

How about Chilean Sea Bass? I've only had it once but in Spokane Washington. Its really good! Ive seen it on a few menus in Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    we love chilean sea bass.
    we have had it in aruba a few times and it was excellent.
    the worst we had was on a royal caribbean cruise......it was cod loin.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    How about Chilean Sea Bass? I've only had it once but in Spokane Washington. Its really good! Ive seen it on a few menus in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Many of us make dining an important part of our vacations to Aruba.

Aruba is known for its awesome seafood.

What is your favorite? and where?

Actually, where does not have to be at a restaurant.
    It can be at your dining room/kitchen table at your timeshare or your Aruba residence.

Me= I love Madame Janette's grouper either plain or lightly coated with almonds.
    and
    I love the fresh grouper is the green marinade from Lings.

Paul= He loves the plain, pan fried grouper from Madame Janettes, and the huge shrimp from Lings.
    He also loves the barracuda from Buccaneer.
    We tried the whole fried Red Snapper at The West Deck and it was absolutely amazing, will post pictures as soon as I download from cell phone. The grilled red snapper was also very smoky and delicious.

Before and After a wonderful Red Snapper
    Fish in Aruba   (not fishing)-fish1.jpgFish in Aruba   (not fishing)-fish2.jpg
    Last edited by aruba2099; 06-19-2017 at 01:07 PM.

We're big fans of Daily Fish in the SuperFood Plaza:

http://www.daily-fish.net/

We've used it for buying seafood to cook at home and take out - both were great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12