Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Fishbone

Flying Fishbone

My husband and I are leaving for Aruba next week (It feels GREAT to say that....)
    We stay at the Divi All Inclusive, but we always venture off the resort for a few dinners. I have heard alot of great things about the Flying fishbone and I am thinking of making a reservation on-line.
    What type of dresscode is required for this restaurant?
    I usually dress up for dinner anyway, but need to see what the hubby should be wearing...

Depending on your preference, you will probably sit on the beach, and yes that means the sand. Whatever shoes you wear, you will probably remove. Dress nice but casual. If your hubby is fine in dress shorts and a buttoned casual shirt, then he will be fine. If he wants to wear some light weight pants, that's fine too. Just got back from the Tam, enjoy your stay

We were just at Flying Fishbone on 4/11! It was awesome! It was warm and more men had on nice golf shorts or dress shorts vs pants. Personal preference I guess. The cab fare from the Divi was $48 roundtrip before tip. (ouch) My cab driver recommended the Screaming Eagle next time if we wanted to save on cab fare. He said same owner and a chef from FFB. (The beach seating and sunset were worth it though!) Have a blast! I can't wait to return next year!

Wow! $48 round trip for a cab ride, pretty steep, but I am sure well worth it. How long of a cab ride is it from the Divi?

Depends on the traffic, it's about 15 minutes past the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Divi chic View Post
    Wow! $48 round trip for a cab ride, pretty steep, but I am sure well worth it. How long of a cab ride is it from the Divi?
    I tell my dh to just figure it into the cost of an already very expensive meal. If you don't mind driving yourself, and leaving in the dark, it is actually less expensive to rent a car for the day in order to get there.

Thanks for the information all!!! Looking forward to the vacation and the dinner at a new restaurant!

It took almost 1/2 hr from Divi when we went. I'm jealous as we just got back on 4/11 and have a year before we can return. You guys are going to have a blast. Please post a trip report when you return!! By the way are you going to try Madame Janette's? I hope so! Doesn't have the same view but the food is to die for! Portions huge!

How far it Flying Fishbone from the Westin? Thanks

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    There are toes-in-the-sand dining options in the high and low rises, if you don't want to trek out to Saveneta. Quite a few... Flying Fishbone is romantic and a nice dining experience. But you could have far tastier food at the same price and less. Like MJ's, the menu reads better than it eats. It's a terrific night out, but in terms of what actually goes in your mouth, you can do better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast