pier
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flying Fishbone

Unhappy Flying Fishbone

Hi all.. well we are having such a wonderful time ere in Aruba.. its like paradise.. we had reserved a table in the water at the flying fishbone long before we came out on honeymoon and had the consierge ring to confirm when we arrives... alas.... we had our meal there lastnight and were sooooooooo disappointed

They had NO tables in the water all the tables were crammed together up from the water again there was no explaination for not seating us in the water.. i think we should have been told this on recomfirming the reservation of table in the water as that was the main reason we went there .. food wasnt as good as what we expected it to be.. .. i have to admit the view and the sunset were fabulous but over our week we had eaten in much better p[laces costing half the price.. I think the flying fishbone is a little over hyped by people.. we didnt think it was all that it was made out to be
    Next Aruba trip in

Sorry to hear that! That would bum me out too. We are looking for a romantic place to have dinner in Aruba, where were the other places you liked better? Thanks for any suggestions!

Try Madame Janettes. It is a little pricey, but the food is awesome and you will not be disappointed.

Agree

I agree with the Flying Fishbone post. We have been there a few times and have taken friends and family. But we won't make it a choice in future as there are places that are better. Although not on the beach we really enjoy Mirandis for the atmosphere and the food. The tables aren't as close together either. We just got back from New York however and they take the cake so far on "tables close together".

Sorry to hear this about Flying Fishbones. Please share with us those restaurants that you did enjoy.

The Old Man and The Sea

They just opened in August, this is probably the most beautiful spot on the island as far as dining goes. The Old Man and The Sea.

I just went there last week and the food was amazing, the setting is fantastic.

Check there web site out : http://theoldmanandthesearestaurant.com

Ask for the Papaya Fish it is sooooo good

And best of all they are 3 times the size of Flying Fishbone but one seat up to 64 people, you feel you have total privacy.

Cheers,

Alex

Aruba since 1979
    Our friends dined their one evening last week. Even though it is still the soft opening, it is doing marvelously according to their review. Regarding Flying Fishbone, we have only been there once and were not at all impressed with the food or the service. The location though is marvelous. Andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlee View Post
    They just opened in August, this is probably the most beautiful spot on the island as far as dining goes. The Old Man and The Sea.

I just went there last week and the food was amazing, the setting is fantastic.

Check there web site out : http://theoldmanandthesearestaurant.com

Ask for the Papaya Fish it is sooooo good

And best of all they are 3 times the size of Flying Fishbone but one seat up to 64 people, you feel you have total privacy.

Cheers,

Alex

Thumbs down Poor at Flying Fishbone an understatment

We just got back and the Flying Fishbone was our least favorite. It is a shame too because two years ago we had a great experience. This year not so much. The service was the worst we have ever run into on Aruba. We think we had the owners brother for a wait person and he spent more time chatting with bro than waiting on us. You know you are in trouble when the first thing they ask is if we would like to borrow their insect repelant. Anyway there were six of us and we had two good meals (ironically both steak) two mediocre and two pretty bad. I had boulabase and did not finish it because it was that bad. On top of that there is a detour on the way from the high rise area and it is very poorly marked not fun in the dark.
    Now on to the good places... we took a poll of our favorites two Madam Janettes, two Texas D'Brazil and two at Terra del Sol. We had a pretty good meal at Gasparito but had a run in with one of the wait staff but other than that it was very good. Our tradition is to do Simply Fish at the Mariott (that is where our time share is) for our first meal, and this year the meal was excellant.
    So that is it for this year I'd be happy to answer questions.

Does anyone know approxminately how much (USD) it would be to get to The Old Man and the Sea--from the Westin? Assuming cab?

FFB - Been there done that. We sat in the same seat both times we have been there, second table from the last on the right hand side as you are walking down the beach. Atmosphere was perfect, beautiful sunset. Food was ok, service was ok, a bit pricey. My dad likes the bar when you first walk in, it's pretty cool. Will I go back? Not sure after reading this I might be down with the Old Man and the Sea. My wife and I have a great picture of the both of us from there and the owner or manager for the past 2 years said he would post on his site and that it had been undergoing maintenance. I gave up with trying. Oh well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast