Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Flying Fishbone kid friendly?

Good morning, all. I would like to take the kids to a restaurant with tables on the beach. They are fairly picky eaters, so I will need something that offers pasta or kid's meals. They are 8 and 10 and well-behaved. Do you think the Flying Fishbone would be appropriate or is that more of a romantic/adults only type of place? Thanks for your input.

been going to Aruba since my kids were little....until they were old enough to be left by themselves I took them everywhere on the island...my feeling was, it was my money and my vacation....as long as they don't disrupt the other customers, which is unlikely, take them....btw, in spite of what you will read, the food on the island is superior to other caribbean islands, but average when compared to major cities in the states...not bad, just average...have a good trip.

Banned
    If the kids are picky eaters, I don't think the FF is for you. It's expensive too. Check out www.flyingfishbone.com for menu and pix. Go to the front desk at the Tamarijn or the Divi Aruba resort and buy meal tickets for the all you can eat buffet. Both resorts have a buffet restaurant on the beach. Many choices including hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta and much, much more. Picky eaters will find something. Or just get a meal ticket for the pizza bar at the Tamarijn and go eat the pizza or sandwiches, onion rings, french fries etc. on the beach which is only 20 feet away. One other thought would be the Pirate's Nest restaurant on the beach at the Bucuti resort. www.bucuti.com and find restaurant and menu. www.megaresorts.com for restuarant menus at the Tamarijn and Divi Aruba resorts.

When we took our kids to nice restaurants at their age I brought their electronic games with us. That way when we were waiting for our food, having coffee, etc. the kids had something to entertain themselves with. At that age there is only so long that they can sit and talk with their parents. Good compromise and that also enables others to enjoy their meals too.

On our recent trip to a nice restaurant, there was a family sitting near us with kids about that age. Being parents ourselves, we certainly didn't mind sitting near them. However, after dinner the parents wanted to sit and enjoy the rest of their wine but the kids wanted to get going. Well, the kids got "ansy" and they decided to look at the fish below the restaurant. This would have been fine if they had done it by their table but they were hanging all over our backs, talking loudly which prevented us being able to continue to talk. Finally, with enough looks at the parents they finally told them to sit down.

Parents, if you are going to bring your children to a more adult oriented restaurant, know their limitations, bring with something for them to do and be prepared to leave when the kids have had enough and most of all be considerate of others around you.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

It is your personal choice on whether or not to take your kids to the Flying Fishbone. Most restaurants will do what they can to please everyone's tastes.

With that being said, for romance for Mom and Dad and fun atmosphere for the kid's right down the road from the FFB is Marina Pirata http://www.marinapiratarestaurant.com/. Instead of being on the beach, you are out over the water. The water is lighted at night and there are usually fish swimming up to the top and if they are not, your waitress or waiter will get their attention.

We have always seen families at Marina Pirata, tourists as well as Arubans.

Thanks for the suggestions! We can hardly wait to arrive and try all that Aruba has to offer - most importantly - the warm weather and beach

I think the kids would work well there. I guess if they are very little it might be rough, but otherwise I feel it is fun to watch them. Everyone is encouraged to go shoe-less, etc.

Nice place!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dont ruin someones romantic meal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO. There are plenty of family restaurants on the island. Flying Fishbone is a quiet, romantic place that is best suited for adults.