Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flying Fishbone or Passions?

I'll be coming to Aruba for my first trip in a couple weeks (so excited!). I'd like to make reservations to a restaurant on the beach for a sunset dinner one night and am having trouble deciding between Passions and The Flying Fishbone. Could anyone who has been to both recommend one over the other? I know the FFB is a longer ride, but we will have a Jeep rental for a few days, so I don't think this will be a problem (i.e. - not an expensive cab ride).

Thanks for any help!!!

I think both restaurants have wonderful atmospheres.
    If I had to recommend one over the other, I would suggest taking a look at both restaurant's menus and see which one appeals most to you.

http://flyingfishbone.com/menu.php
    http://www.amsterdammanor.com/downlo...DinnerMenu.pdf

We really enjoyed our meal at Passions, the food, service and setting were great. We have never gone to flying fish bone because of the distance from my hotel....FFB's menu looks really good, may need to make it there on our next trip....

Flying Fishbone.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Both have great food but we enjoy Passions more because the tables are spaced farther apart.

Over the years Flying Fishbone has added alot of tables to their small beach area and I don't enjoy listening to other conversations or smelling cigarette smoke when I'm trying to have a romantic dinner. It's still a nice place but, for us, we enjoy the atmosphere at Passions better.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I agree with Amy, the atmosphere is better at Passions and the lamb chops are delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Both have great food but we enjoy Passions more because the tables are spaced farther apart.

Over the years Flying Fishbone has added alot of tables to their small beach area and I don't enjoy listening to other conversations or smelling cigarette smoke when I'm trying to have a romantic dinner. It's still a nice place but, for us, we enjoy the atmosphere at Passions better.
    Totally agree. We actually stopped going to FF after many many repeat visits. The added tables have definitely detracted from what was a nice quiet dinner and the cigarette smoke is really a problem for non-smokers. We noticed a big drop in service also as the restaurant expanded. I'd sooner go to their other place, The Screaming Eagle, but their outdoor area is not so nice. Passions would get my vote on this one!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    To throw a monkey wrench in this...how about Mirandi's....a little of both, not crowded, on the water, romantic, great service...

On another hidden gem, Marina Pirata...

I agree with the above post.We went to ffb a couple years in a row.The service went down hill big time.Go to passions at sunset you cant go wrong.Alot less travel to get there.FFB is a $60 cab ride and not worth it.I liked marandi better then ffb also ,other GREAT PLACES.madam janets ,papiamento,chalet sussie,marandi,passions at sunset

We too stopped going to FF for the same reason and still make Passions a annual must do. Another toes in the sand experience can be had at Old Man and the Sea but my choice of chefs would be Passions first.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast