Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    The Screaming Eagle, but their outdoor area is not so nice.
    Tables are VERY close together. Last visit we had to listen to the table next to us the entire time. Tables were so close the waiter and assistant could not squeeze between the two and there was no chair blocking the way.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    From our experience :
    Passions was fun , being right on the beach, but the wind was a factor, and it had a more open feel, not "cozy". Food and service were good.
    The Flying Fishbone was wonderful, great service and better food (imo!) -- we were prepared for it to be more crowded after reading recent posts here, but didn't really notice any difference over three years ago when we first went.
    I agree with the suggestion of Mirandi's -- turned out to be our favorite of the three! (although no "feet in the sand"! - it's on a pier)
    Yes, check the menus and then decide -- each one will give you a wonderful experience and great dinner!

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    We like them both. But just went to Passions for the first time last week. We liked the atmosphere better there. It is more private.

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    - we were prepared for it to be more crowded after reading recent posts here, but didn't really notice any difference over three years ago when we first went.
    There is no difference in the number of tables at Flying Fishbone over the past 3 years but we have been going there since the late '90's. It was MUCH LESS crowded back then...from year to year we've watched them add more and more tables until we finally just gave up on it as being a "romantic restaurant". It's almost better if you haven't been going there as long as we have because you don't know what the old atmosphere was like.

Marandi is great as well but you don't get that "toes in the sand" feeling of dining right on the beach.

Marina Pirata is nice (nice atmosphere on a deck) but their food is not in the same category as FF, Marandi, or Passions.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    There is no difference in the number of tables at Flying Fishbone over the past 3 years but we have been going there since the late '90's. It was MUCH LESS crowded back then...from year to year we've watched them add more and more tables until we finally just gave up on it as being a "romantic restaurant". It's almost better if you haven't been going there as long as we have because you don't know what the old atmosphere was like.
    Amy, if we think it's a great spot now, it must have been AWESOME before!

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Amy, if we think it's a great spot now, it must have been AWESOME before!
    In 2000 or 2001(can't remember our 1st time there for sure) there were 1/4-1/3 the tables, the checks came in a wood "tip box" and they also had a day spa. I prefer to remember that FF than our last in 2008 and the wedding rehearsal dinner party group that was so close to us the wait-staff had to squeeze past my chair.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Thank you all so much for your input!! Based on this, I think I'm going to go with Passions. I'm sure I'd enjoy the food at either place, but I'd rather have a little more privacy for this dinner. Again, thank you all!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12