Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flying Fishbone, specific table?

Is there a specific table that everyone recommends for the FFB? i.e. How would I describe it in the comments section when I make the reservation

Also, on their website they say they cannot guarantee seating unless you are the 5PM reservation. Do you really need to be 5PM in order to get a seat in the water? (i'm assuming those are the most prized?)

And lastly, what's everyone's favorite dish there?
    Thanks!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Describe the table as the "ones you can put your toes in the water in "

Blahblahblah,

I live a few houses down from the Flying Fishbone. This is technically "off-season" and around 5 PM or so, the lot is FULL and more people pile in. This is all for the sunset seating. So, if that's what you want, I suggest locking in the reservation.

Enjoy.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

We were just there last night. I had a reservation since 1 month ago but not sure I really needed it. We called the day of and updated reservation to 5:30 and they had no problems. We were lost trying to find the restaurant since there was a detour on main road so we arrived at 5:45pm and still there was no problems at all. The place is beautiful. There were about 10 tables occupied which was actually not a lot. We sat at table '35' which is not in the water (since that one sits only 2 and we were 4 people). We were the next row back. The people in the water were splashed waist down when a boat came drove by. It looked like the 'nicer' sunset view table was right next to the 'rocks' that everyone takes pictures on. It was high enough that the table could oversee the entire ocean/sunset as well as turn back to see the restaurant. Unless you are under the patio area close to restrooms or bar --- you have a good seat.

As for time, we arrived at 545 and left about 715. We didn't stay to watch the complete sunset but we also had two little girls with us which behaved great. When we were leaving -- only about 6 more tables filled so there were still many great spots open. ( I think several people were there from a Royal Caribean cruise ship that docked today). All in all, make a reservation if coming in off season but think you will have your pick of the litter.

Fishbone is a beautiful romantic place to have dinner at. Another restaurant will be opening just 2 or 3 houses after Fishbone. That will also be beautiful and larger. So, soon everyone can have a nice sunset view while sitting on the beach in the Fishbone area.

I took some photos of the flying fishbone last night. They are posted on my blog which is part of my signature here. If you want to see the tables in the water, there is a photo there that should give you an idea what it is really like. Also, a sunset that was fantastic.

Enjoy.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    hey SanNic, nice blog page. Just logged onto it for the first time. Nice job !
    Anyone who wished to see Flying Fishbone should check this site out. Real nice pics.

CindyO,

Thanks for checking out the blog. Been pounding away at it, finally got some of the technology down.

Enjoy and don't hesitate to make a request for certain locales or something. I'll do my best to put up photos or reviews while I'm here on the island for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    I took some photos of the flying fishbone last night. They are posted on my blog which is part of my signature here. If you want to see the tables in the water, there is a photo there that should give you an idea what it is really like. Also, a sunset that was fantastic.

Enjoy.

Great pics, thanks for posting them! We have reservations for FF in September.
    Can't wait for September 2008 - Our first trip to Aruba!

absolutely nice pix of flying fishbone! so, getting back to the original question - what's the best dish to order?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast