Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: food Budget

YOU GUYS ROCK! Ok, I'm too old to say stuff like that, but it fits. On our honeymoon I don't want to do too much Penny pinching, so I figured if I could just accept it is going to cost $200 a day and then live without looking at prices then I'd be fine with that. That said, I've never spent $200 for a days food in my life!
    We were going to do an all inclusive somewhere else, just to not to have to worry about prices. Instead we will just order with only our left eye open

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmooners View Post
    We were going to do an all inclusive somewhere else, just to not to have to worry about prices. Instead we will just order with only our left eye open
    We finally resorted to going all inclusive, not having to worry about breakfast and lunch, and sodas and drinks and then just eating off property some of the nights for dinner.

We were thinking an all inclusive in Jamaica, but you guys have convinced me Aruba is the way to go. Well, that and the lack of Hurricanes.

I am nervious about the All inclusives in Aruba, as none seem to get good reviews from customers. I'm leaning on the bucuti because it seems to get good reviews, with the fact it is a quieter environment being a factor.

Aruba since 1979
    the bucuti is the honeymoon spot!
    it is glorious there

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmooners View Post
    We were thinking an all inclusive in Jamaica, but you guys have convinced me Aruba is the way to go. Well, that and the lack of Hurricanes.

I am nervious about the All inclusives in Aruba, as none seem to get good reviews from customers. I'm leaning on the bucuti because it seems to get good reviews, with the fact it is a quieter environment being a factor.

the bucuti is the honeymoon spot!
    it is glorious there

I agree with Andrea, you can buy day passes at some of the all inclusive hotels if you would like to try that for a day, $100. a person for the Rui hotel 10am-10pm breakfast, lunch, dinner, all drinks, snacks, pool, beach, towels etc. entertainment nightly. Day passes at Occidental $75. person 9a- 6pm? breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks pool, beach, towels, no dinner. My three favorite places to eat, Madam Jeanett, Old man and the Sea, El Gaucho's

Hi everybody. Well...$200/day seems about right. I will say...some days it might be $300...some might be $100. My thinking...when going to Aruba, its going to be expensive. I just deal with it...but its all worth it. TRUST ME, my father's a penny pincher and i've told him he would love ARUBA...but its not for him. The last thing I need is my father looking at the prices in Madame Jeanette's and saying '$35 for FISH...these people are sick in the head'.
    Here's what what my wife and I usually do. Though we stay at the Hyatt...we RARELY have the breakfast...to me, its not worth it.

BREAKFAST:
    Go to Amici's for the breakfast (Dutch Apple Pancakes)...or just have fruit at Dushi bagels...or something at DD. [lets say $15]

LUNCH:
    We love Subway for lunch...nothing better than a nice Turkey/Cheese sub on a HOT Aruban day. Or about 2 times during our vacation we'll go to Tony Romas for wings. [Lunch...lets go with $20]

DINNER:
    Alright...dinner will be the most expensive. I travel for work = Drink quite a bit...makes the time go by faster, and you meet some very interesting people at Airport bars > onto dinner though. El Gaucho/Madame Jeanette's/Marandi's, etc. Prices will be about the same. App/Dinner/Dessert = $110/couple...with drinks = $250 (just kidding)...we'll say $170. When it comes down to it, it depends on your eating habits. If you're a big eater you'll pay the price. Don't forget...you don't have to go the nice dinner every night. You can visit places like Smokin' Joes, Tony Romas, etc...and spend $80/couple with plenty of drinks.

ALSO...don't forget to save some cash for the Happy Hour Festivities. Its not a really Aruban vacation without a few Aruba blues.

Cheers.

JerseyPete gave a great report. Very acurate on all accounts. FYI, we ate at Yemanja Woodfired Grill and we had appetizer, entree, and wine and the bill for two was under $100!! Great restaurant.

While it is your honeymoon and you want to be cost effective, pick and choose where you spend your money on. It is your honeymoon so enjoy.

If Bucuti has a fridge, perhaps pick up some light lunch food and bring it to the beach (make your own sandwhiches) and stock up on snack foods and some alcohol too. Do a quick run to the grocery store, very close by, and get the items there for best prices.

Save your money for dinner and have the best time!!!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12