Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Food prices

Food prices

A friend, who arrives on Aruba before us, called and said that prices at the restaurants have increased significantly since last year. Has anyone else found this to be true?

well haven't they increase everywhere???? no different in aruba I guess

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    well haven't they increase everywhere???? no different in aruba I guess

Absolutely, I was thinking not only increased food costs, but expense of getting it to the island since everything is imported.

With the rising price of oil, shipping and transportation costs are going to keep going higher. I think many of us are already seeing it in airfares as well.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Airfares for the past 2 years have been significantly higher (as well as gasoline prices for rental cars); however, neither is deterring me from coming back each year :-)

The food has always been on the high end for both grocery stores and restaurants - so that doesn't surprise me either.

Smile

It all depends on where you dine. We just returned from 2 weeks at the Divi Aruba. While all inclusive we ate out 6 nights as we did last year. Total cost was $50 more. We ate at Matthews, MJ's. Windows on Aruba, Marandi, Passions, and L G Smiths.

Aruba since 1979
    that's pretty darn good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gig47 View Post
    It all depends on where you dine. We just returned from 2 weeks at the Divi Aruba. While all inclusive we ate out 6 nights as we did last year. Total cost was $50 more. We ate at Matthews, MJ's. Windows on Aruba, Marandi, Passions, and L G Smiths.

A few of my favorites.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

I found the restaurant prices to be quite good compared to many holiday destinations (like Vegas). One can easily dine for under $25 with multiple courses.

Look for places with early bird specials or set courses.

Places I tried and really liked:

Fishes and More (3 course meal is $21.95 before 6:30pm or all evening on Tuesday)
    Café Rembrent (save 20% before 6:30), make sure they take your order before 6:30.
    Hyatt bruch ($37.xx tax and service included) for an amazing Sunday champagne brunch.
    Casa Tua (in town, behind the renaissance). Paella for 2 was something like $25.

Almost all commodity prices are up and expected to continue going up this year, relative to the dollar. Sugar, coffee, cotton, etc...

Hey ddchap.. Im afraid that yes prices have seem to go up but not necessarily becuase of food cost becuase there are plenty of places that you can dine for about $25 a head. Problem is that we/you mostly hear about the expensive " popular" restaurants. Take some time to look online or ask around for restauarants that offer great meals at a lesser price or maybe look into the early bird offers around. I could suggest: Rembrandt (S.beach Mall), The Market (The Village Center) Bingo (palm beach gas station), or there are some true local places also.