Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

food recommendations at the following restaurants...

Hi everyone,
    We're in the early stages of planning our 2 weeks of restaurants with family and friends...here's some of our thoughts for places to go...what I am wondering is what everyone recommends that was exceptional ! Thanks for your imput, it really does help us !!
    These are places we haven't been to b4 and are looking to try for dinners.

1. Gianni's
    2. Old Man and the Sea
    3. Hard Rock
    4. LG Smith
    5. Buccaneer
    6. Sole Mare
    7. Matthews
    8. Wachy Wahoo
    9. Yemani

Just looking for food ideas & thoughts. Thanks much. Can't believe there's places we still haven't gotten to. Info is Appreciated, cindyo
    SO MANY GOOD PLACES, NOT ENOUGH DAYS !!

These are our favorites that come to mind when I think of these places:

2. Old Man and the Sea - Papaya seared catch of the day (although they have expanded their menu since we were there in Sept. so lots more to pick from now)

3. Hard Rock - beer! (seriously, at every Hard Rock I've ever been to the food has always been mediocre.)

5. Buccaneer - catch of the day (hopefully it'll be barracuda which is great!)

7. Matthews - tuna (loved the tuna - both the appetizer tuna tataky and the entree); the kebabs

8. Wacky Wahoo's - black bean soup; catch of the day grilled with tomatoes, olives, and lime (yum!)

9. Yemanja - salmon salad; tenderloin; catch of the day; dessert (I think it was the Belgian waffle dessert that we shared that was so good - photo below)

Okay, I'm hungry now!!!!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks ~Amy~, we will print this and take with us. I appreciate ! cindyo

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Thanks ~Amy~, we will print this and take with us. I appreciate ! cindyo
    Hope it helped a little anyway. But it's hard though because what I like might not be what someone else would like/order. Also kinda depends on what I'm in the mood for that night - know what I mean? Sometimes I can be the pickiest eater and other times I will eat anything in front of me!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

When we are on Aruba we always go to Sole Mare,Giannis,and our new favorite Yemanja

Last edited by DANNYO; 01-14-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling

I noticed Matthew's on your list. Where is it located and what kind of food is it? I never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lindon View Post
    I noticed Matthew's on your list. Where is it located and what kind of food is it? I never heard of it.
    Matthew's is located at Casa del Mar. They've been open for a little over a year now (owned by the same people who used to own Rumba.)

http://www.matthews-aruba.com/home/index.html

[quote=DANNYO;129351] When we are on Aruba we always go to Sole Mare,Giannis,and our new favorite Yemanja

We loved Yemanja too! It has become one of our new favourites as well. We will be there again in February.

As far as Matthew's goes, we tried it for the first time this December. We found the location very nice but we didn't love are meal. It was ok but nothing outstanding,IMO.

happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

so far it looks like everyone recommends Yemani, so thats been added to ur list, thanks to everyone, cindyo

Renaissance Island Oranjestadt Bugaloe on Sunday Malmok Beach The Paddock

Dining

I agree with the Yemanji recommendation. Lovely place warm people and great well prepared food. Hard Rock is not for me. I still enjoy Que Pasa and Marandi very much.
    I will be there Feb 12th through the 28th. The anticipation is almost unbearable.

Aruba Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast