Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Food report 9/18-9/25

After checking in on Sunday afternoon, I went to Tony Roma's and got some baby backs to go. They were ok. I wish they still had the corn fritter casserole.

Later that night I went with friends to Que Pasa. They had the Que Pasta and I had the fried brie and creme brulee of the day - white chocolate.

I love it there and wish I had gone back.

Monday we got take-out from Pizza Bob's and made a salad. Pretty good as far as pizza goes.

Tuesday my girlfriend flew down to meet me. She was bit jet lagged so we went to Salt & Pepper. I figured this way should could get a taste of a few different things without overfilling. It was ok. a few of the warm tapas items were served cold (potato frittata and Greek triangles) and while we ate what we ordered, I'm not sure I'd go back.

Wednesday night was Madame Janette's which, for both my friend and me, was our favorite of the week. We had a 7:30 reservation and there was a great breeze and no bugs. We had brought spray just in case but never had to go back to the car to use it.

Claudia, the waitress, was delightful. The only complaint was the other patrons spraying bug spray right at the table. Very rude, IMO. We both ended up getting almost three meals out of our dishes between what could eat there and what we took home in our doggy bag.

I had the Dutch Tenderloin she had the Burgerloin

Thursday we kind of grazed a bit throughout the day and weren't real hungry at dinner time. We went to Mulligan's for karaoke night and split a pizza. Quite tasty and hit the spot!

Friday was the French Steakhouse. I had the churasco and she had the bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp.

The food was ok, but the service left a lot to be desired. We felt ignored and almost like a bother. I doubt I'll be going back there. It has changed too much over the years for our liking.

Saturday was leftover smorgasboard.
    Last edited by Laura in NH; 09-28-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Please repost the photos.
    they looked so DEElicious!

5 pm is not a good time to be looking at MJs food and FrenchSteakhouse entrees..

Use the thumbnail feature.
    hit reply to this post
    scroll down to additional options
    then to manage attachments

Also had crab cakes and key lime pie at MJ's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Food report 9/18-9/25-047.jpg   Food report 9/18-9/25-044.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    looks delicious
    thanks for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Also had crab cakes and key lime pie at MJ's