Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fresh caught fish

Smile Fresh caught fish

I know I have seen this on this forum before but I am unable to find it. My question is.... Is there a place to purchase fresh caught fish that they will have ready for you to cook? Or fresh caught fish and they cook it right there?
    We will have a car so we are able to drive to location. THANK YOU in advance

Kathy

Aruba since 1979
    believe it or not kathy, we have had the best luck with the grouper and snapper and wahoo at "Lings."
    it is in the fish dept. and is all prepared in a marinade of sorts and it can be baked, pan fried or grilled.

then also there is "daily fish" located in the super foods complex.
    folk speak highly of that place too.

Quote Originally Posted by kal0721 View Post
    I know I have seen this on this forum before but I am unable to find it. My question is.... Is there a place to purchase fresh caught fish that they will have ready for you to cook? Or fresh caught fish and they cook it right there?
    We will have a car so we are able to drive to location. THANK YOU in advance

Kathy

I believe that you can purchase fresh fish right off the dock at Zeerover's and in front of Hadicurari.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    There are a couple of local fisherman that sell fish right out of their homes. There is a guy that is always busy, that we drive by.. he was fileting a huge red snapper yesterday afternoon for a lady. If you are at the light where the high rise tourism area is (the main road - Sasaki Hwy), heading north toward the lighthouse. AT THAT LIGHT TAKE A RIGHT, NOT A LEFT to go to the high rise area. Go to the next light. Caribbean Palm Resort will be on your left. Take a left at that light. You will see a new modern building (blue/white), literally just behind the building on the right you will see a private home with a table set up outside near the gate. That is where you can buy fresh fish. Also, when driving around if you see the sign "PISKA TA BENDE" in front of a home, that is "fish for sale"...

Good luck!

Aruba since 1979
    that new blue and white modern buliding is the "walk in clinic in Noord?
    thanks for the idea of finding the fresh fish very locally
    Quote Originally Posted by EdandLiz View Post
    There are a couple of local fisherman that sell fish right out of their homes. There is a guy that is always busy, that we drive by.. he was fileting a huge red snapper yesterday afternoon for a lady. If you are at the light where the high rise tourism area is (the main road - Sasaki Hwy), heading north toward the lighthouse. AT THAT LIGHT TAKE A RIGHT, NOT A LEFT to go to the high rise area. Go to the next light. Caribbean Palm Resort will be on your left. Take a left at that light. You will see a new modern building (blue/white), literally just behind the building on the right you will see a private home with a table set up outside near the gate. That is where you can buy fresh fish. Also, when driving around if you see the sign "PISKA TA BENDE" in front of a home, that is "fish for sale"...

Good luck!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-13-2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: added a question mark

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that new blue and white modern buliding is the "walk in clinic in Noord.

thanks for the idea of finding the fresh fish very locally
    Oh wow.. I thought it was part of the centra di bario - Noord.. The walk in clinic, I thought was the grey and white building down the street. I don't think the new building has "officially" opened yet.. but heard there is also a cafeteria inside as well...
    Thanks Andrea!

Aruba since 1979
    oops, i am sure you are right.
    i inteded to make it a question..i will go back and edit now.
    my bad

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EdandLiz View Post
    Oh wow.. I thought it was part of the centra di bario - Noord.. The walk in clinic, I thought was the grey and white building down the street. I don't think the new building has "officially" opened yet.. but heard there is also a cafeteria inside as well...
    Thanks Andrea!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oops, i am sure you are right.
    i inteded to make it a question..i will go back and edit now.
    my bad

thanks
    No worries! My friend said it is going to be be a new part of the centra di bario (Neighborhood central) for Noord. I have not been in it yet, but from the outside, at night it looks to be really beautiful. There is also an ATM there as well. I'm going to try and check it out this week.. maybe have lunch.

Is that across from Cafe80?
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Is that across from Cafe80?
    The fishman (Piskatur in Papiamento)?? The fishman is actually just before Giselle's Department store on the right side of the Road.. and BEFORE Cafe080 on the same side. Literally as soon as you make the left and come to the "backside" of the new building, pull over on the side of the road.. he is right there.

The Clinic is almost across the street from Cafe080.

Hope this helps...
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast