Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool One last try!

Thank you Liz for the owner's email. I sent him an email so I will let you all know what transpires.

Thanks everyone for the advise!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Smile It worked!

Thank you Liz, I contacted the owner and I got my reservation!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Your welcome Randi. Glad to help.

One of my friends contacted this restaurant for reservations and she too was told to go to their downtown location if she wanted a 7:30pm reservation! When she insisted they gave her a reservation but was told that if she got there and had to wait, not to complain! I took out the name of the restaurant manager to keep the identity of the restaurant hidden. But below is the copy of the email exchange. I contacted the owner and asked that they revisit this policy. I told him that if customers came to their restuarant and saw a large crowd waiting it is actually a hinderance as other dinners might be put off by the number of people waiting and may just walk to another restaurant. I explained that it is to their advantage to take reservations, none of which is customer loyalty and satisfaction. We will see what transpires!~

13 pax december 24 ,7.30 pm confirm,if it's any waiting time i will not accep any complain
    regarding what i explaind to you in the previous mail. best regard
    RESTAURANT MANAGER.

Randi, it appears the management and owner believe that filling their dining room in whichever way they can, is more important than pleasing "guaranteed customers" (and in a lot of instances, loyal repeat ones).

Business must be good for them if YOU have to work so hard in order to be able to just eat there with your family.

Your thinking is absolutely correct though,that if people see a wait, with so many other dining spots close by there is no need to wait. Just move on. The food would have to be awfully special not to.

Perhaps they are worried about "no shows"? There are ways for restaurants to get around it such as requiring a deposit for large parties, which some Aruba restaurants do already, or only holding the table for 15 minutes. The latter, if the restaurant is THAT busy with people waiting all of the time, will have little impact.

FWIW, if he/she states "if it's any waiting time i will not accep any complain", he/she is setting you up not to be disappointed. Let us know how it goes...

you can understand that when people are waiting in line for a table and they see an empty table they will ask why.
    For your friend, the 24th at 7.30 we will try as much as we can to comply with that time but a table of 13 is big and there might be a little waiting time . We opened the location downtown specially for the reservations.

The above was the response from the owner of the restaurant. I don't really think they get the point of what I was trying to relay to them?? They don't seem to appreciate the value of a reservation!!
    If people ask about an empty table the concept of "reservations" is usually very understandable to the people waiting in line.

I really don't get it??? Anyway, the owner was very nice and quick in responding but there is the frustration of the total lack of appreciation of what we are trying to convey.

I guess I should just be thankful that I got a reservation????

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    OK, ok...is it Casa Tua? cindyo

I am not confirming anything!!

Is it because of the day? Is it Xmas eve? Maybe they close early?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Actually not, we had the same problem for our reservation on the 19th too! They do not want to give any reservations after 6:30pm. They would rather have their customers stand outside and wait for a table!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12