Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Gari and Wasabi

Gari and Wasabi

Wondering if anyone has any current reviews of this place. Checking with all the reviews online, most date back to 2009. Not much for anything current. Staying at Eagle Beach and looking for some good sushi.

Aruba since 1979
    mariott stellaris lobby sushi bar has terrific sushi.
    i have no knowledge of gari and wasabi

Quote Originally Posted by Vinaio View Post
    Wondering if anyone has any current reviews of this place. Checking with all the reviews online, most date back to 2009. Not much for anything current. Staying at Eagle Beach and looking for some good sushi.

Any of Aruba's beaches, Sand dunes on North shore, Sitting among huge boulders overlooking the beautiful tropical desert scenery
    We went there July 2012 - Gari & Wasabi is one of my favorite Sushi places in Aruba. Especially, if you like inventive sushi rolls with lots of ingredients like cream cheeses, avocados etc, sweet unagi sauses, you'll enjoy Gari & Wasabi.

Another Sushi place I enjoy is called House of Japan, in South Beach Plaza Mall, their sushi is so good - try the " Amil roll" it was just heaven

I have lived in Japan and I enjoy traditional "simple" sushi too (specially from the famous Fish market Tsukiji where you eat daily fresh caught fish!) but in Aruba I go for the " innovative" western" style sushi because I think they make it well here.

Anyway, I can definitely recommend these two places no matter what kind of Sushi you like. Also, Blossom served us pretty decent Sushi too!
    Last edited by HappyIslander; 12-25-2012 at 10:43 AM.