Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Gasparito

Gasparito

I was looking up a bunch of restos today from a list supplied in a " at www.arubakid.com\booklet.htm .....some of them were a little too expensive (considering I am already going to Matilde on Sept 21).

something struck me about Gasparito -. Im not sure what it was but I like the website, the food reviews and they dont have an extensive menu so far as I can tell.......I saw the map of where its located - sort of - but I cant figure out where it is in relation to the Riu Palace - it seems to be near something called "Millennium Resort".

I want to go OUT to dinner once besides Matilde. I can also wait til the Amsterdam Manor bb party (happy hour) on 9/22 to get some recommendations.

Thanks for your help.

Karen, imo, Gasparito is a place to be skipped. We used to eat there twice a trip every trip since 1995. It nearly kills me to even write it. From my review of our June trip.
    "Another dinner off of the Tamarijn with a not so happy ending was at Gasparito. For 13 years this had been our favorite restaurant. Before we began staying at the Tamarijn, we would eat here at least twice during our stay. Dh and I both agree, no need to go back.

They have a new menu with all of the most popular "old" items, BUT it seems that some of the recipes have changed? I had the Mussel soup and it was TOTALLY different, it tasted awful and I did not finish it. Jerry had the fish soup and said it tasted like dishwater. Believe me he is not THAT fussy. He ate a piece of swordfish at the Tamarijn our first night of vacation which he said was on the dry side and I did not hear about it until this night, almost at the end of our vacation.

For entrees they are pushing half of this and half of that. Jerry had half chicken keshi yena and half goat stew. Goat stew was not as good as he remembered. For dessert we have the apple and pear strudel, one of our FOREVER favorites. Again another dish totally changed.

The last straw for Jerry came when the bill arrived. He gave the waitress his American Express card and she very snottily told him that they did not accept it and just about threw the card back at him! For the money the dinner cost we could easily have gone back to Passions and had a much better meal. None of the old servers we knew were there either. Places change, people change and we will just move on."
    The attitude and action with the credit card was just not called for. To this day we are extremely perplexed WHY after what, 13+ years a restaurant suddenly changes their recipes?

If you are going to the Amsterdam Manor for the BB perhaps ask some of the folks there for some dinner suggestions. Or we had our best meal of the trip right there on the beach at Passions at the Amsterdam Manor.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen in NYC View Post
    I was looking up a bunch of restos today from a list supplied in a " at www.arubakid.com\booklet.htm .....some of them were a little too expensive (considering I am already going to Matilde on Sept 21).

something struck me about Gasparito -. Im not sure what it was but I like the website, the food reviews and they dont have an extensive menu so far as I can tell.......I saw the map of where its located - sort of - but I cant figure out where it is in relation to the Riu Palace - it seems to be near something called "Millennium Resort".

I want to go OUT to dinner once besides Matilde. I can also wait til the Amsterdam Manor bb party (happy hour) on 9/22 to get some recommendations.
    Thanks for your help.
    If you decide on Gasparito, yes it is near Millennium Resort. Very easy to get to from the RIU. Across from the Radisson (next to Riu) is Palm Beach Rd. (Gianni's on corner). Straight up Palm Beach Rd and cross traffic light by Wendy's. Straight about 2 blocks and make right at the Millenium Resort. Gasparito is on side street (left) couple of blocks down. If you don't have a car, its only a 10 minute walk. Gasparito Menu with prices.